If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Oakland International School, a British style school successfully operating since 2008, with a community that fosters multicultural awareness. We provide a sound foundation in Early Years from toddlers(under two years) to reception(five years) for children to become successful learners, ready for school. With our child development programme in Primary Key Stage 1, we prepare our pupils to become responsible citizens of the world.
- Our School, a British Curriculum Early Years and Primary school requires the service of a certified and experienced Mathematics teacher for immediate employment.
- This is an opportunity for a dedicated, innovative and inspirational teacher to take the lead in the teaching of Mathematics and development of staff in this field at our school. The role will involve teaching Mathematics at Key stage 1 and 2.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- A teacher who specialises and instructs in the field of mathematics.
- Teacher must have an in-depth knowledge of the subject and possess a strong interest in teaching.
- Teacher must be able to demonstrate numeric functions, equations, and various mathematical principles to pupils.
- Teacher must be able to help pupils think hypothetically, figure out causes and effects, understand mathematical structures, and verify solutions.
- Teacher must be able to differentiate and develop effective strategies to meet the needs of individual learners.
- Management of pupils and other supervisory duties
- Supporting independent research and learning
- Motivate learners and ensure all pupils are working at their highest potential. Candidate must have effective strategies for supporting all learners and must be able to work with little supervision and bring a lot of creativity on board.
- Teacher must be well spoken, confident and disciplined. It is absolutely essential that the teacher possess good ICT skills and the experience and ability to teach Mathematics with effective 21st century pedagogies and strategies.
- The candidate must have the minimum academic qualification of a first degree in Mathematics from a reputable institution.
- The candidate must have original copies of their certificates as evidence of having completed their course of study.
- The candidate must have at least 3 years working experience in a primary School.
- The strands of Mathematics in both British and Nigerian Curricula.
Teacher must be able to:
- Plan, assess, and assign lessons
- Manage and grade tests
- Maintain classroom discipline
- Listen to verbal presentations and engage pupils in discussions
- Observe and evaluate the performance of each pupil and use assessment methods to judge overall progress.
- Tutor pupils in group settings and individually,
- Collect specialised materials for homework and use proper learning strategies
Method of Application
Applicants should send their applications and CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Oakland International School,
15 Tennesse Crescent Off Panama Street,