The American University of Nigeria (AUN) was established in 2003. The institution was conceived as Africa's first Development University. Its mission is to pioneer service learning and build leaders who will be prepared to tackle societal concerns. Located in Yola, Adamawa State, the University is a world-class career-oriented institution missioned to be an agent of change in the development of the region. AUN has a strong commitment to providing the skills and the leadership essential to solving the continent's critical social and economic problems.
Department: Human Resources and Planning
Summary of Position
- The logistics/ Travel officer will be charged with the responsibility of providing and managing staff travels (expatriate and national) in accordance with the university policy and procedure.
- He/She must gain in-depth knowledge of the policy and procedures and apply the policy intent.
- S/he is required to implement policy and procedures fairly and with integrity to all AUN employees.
- S/he demonstrates a high level of interpersonal skills and attention to detail. The position works under the supervision of the Coordinator of Logistics the Logistics officer is responsible for the following duties:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or a related discipline from a reputable tertiary institution.
- At least three(3) years’ post NYSC experience in demonstrating financial, costing and budgeting skills
- Excellent data entry skills in software’s and Microsoft office such as: Excel, OpenERP , and Microsoft Outlook/Word
- Strong personal initiative and willingness to accept responsibilities, comprehensive grasp of logistics operations and practices; willingness and potential to learn industry of logistics
- Experience in Human Resources Management
- Must be familiar with world geography especially countries represented at AUN.
- Good communication skills including ability to prepare and present concise oral and written logistics reports, briefing updates and other documentations.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, think pro-actively, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor progress.
- Expertise to apply policy fairly in all situations.
- Client orientation – excellent customer care skills.
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
- Ability to effectively present information to internal and external guests both over the phone and in person in a professional manner.
- Client orientation - excellent customer care skills.
- Teamwork - good interpersonal skills, ability to lead teamwork, demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information
- Confidentiality concerning personnel files and records
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit their Resumes, cover letters and references to: email@example.com The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.