Our School, a British Curriculum Early Years and Primary school, is currently seeking applications to fill the vacant position below:
Location: Maitama, Abuja
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Selecting, developing, cataloguing and classifying library resources
- Answering readers' enquiries
- Using library systems and specialist computer applications
- Management of pupils and other supervisory duties
- Liaising with departmental academic staff, external organisations and suppliers
- Ensuring that library services meet the needs of particular groups of users especially pupils and staff
- Managing budgets and resources
- Supporting independent research and learning
- Developing IT facilities
- Assisting readers to use computer equipment, conduct literature searches etcetera
- Promoting the library's resources to users
- Librarian must be able to motivate learners and ensure all pupils are working at their highest potential. Candidate must
- have effective strategies for supporting all learners and must be able to work with little supervision and bring a lot of creativity on board. Librarian must be well spoken, confident and disciplined.
- Librarian must be able to set-up a library.
- The librarian must have a good working knowledge of the British Curriculum and how children learn.
- Librarian must know how to make good use of technology to track books and encourage e-learning.
- The candidate must have the minimum academic qualification of a first degree in Library studies from a reputable institution.
- The candidate must have original copies of their certificates as evidence of having completed their course of study. The candidate must have at least 1 year working experience in a British Curriculum School.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their applications and CV's to the school via either of these 2 addresses:
Oakland International School,
15 Tennesse Crescent,
Off Panama Street,
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.