John Snow Incorporated (JSI) is a public health research and technical assistant firm dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world. It manages the USAID/DELIVER PROJECT and the Supply Chain Management System (SCMS) project in the Nigeria office.
Starting Date: 02/06/2017
Description For the past 3 years, JSI has been supporting UNFPA/Nigeria to analyze and document the findings of their annual commodities survey. This support will continue through 2017.
In August 2016, JSI facilitated a workshop on behalf of UNFPA, for 9 states, focused on increasing their knowledge and understanding of the processes around setting up a distribution system for health commodities, and enable them to implement the steps related to distribution system design. During this workshop, states developed implementation plans for operationalizing the distribution systems. In response to the workshop findings and facilitators’ recommendations, the state LMCU will be supported to finalize state selected distribution model and present same in a standard document. The document will also lay out action plans to guide implementation and to facilitate close tracking of the implementation activities.
Objective 1: Support States to move forward with implementing state level distribution activities:
- Direct technical support:
- Regularly meet and communicate (via email and phone) with 9 State logistics focal people (Head of Pharmaceutical Services/Heads of LMCUs) in charge of last mile delivery (LMD) system development/implementation. Track progress against implementation plan, and identify bottlenecks
- Document the status of implementation, regularly sharing updates with UNFPA, and present the to the PSM subcommittee and or the RHCS WG (if UNFPA is agreeable)
- Provide support to address identified bottlenecks at the State level; when there are areas beyond the scope and level of effort of JSI, escalate these to UNFPA
- Review state LMD model documentation and provide support to finalize it
- Provide support to review and strengthen advocacy material to request MOH approval for roll out of LMD as required
- Once approved, review and support finalization of SOP for review by SMOH stakeholders
- Resource mobilization and coordination support:
- Based on the tracking of implementation, identify the resource gaps required for successful implementation (financial, technical, etc.).
- Develop advocacy and resource mobilization materials for supporting State-level distribution
- Work with UNFPA to coordinate current and potential stakeholders and funders to fill the identified gaps
Objective 2: Support annual commodity survey:
- Provide support for analysis and report writing for annual survey
- Facilitate recruitment of qualified consultant to support this task.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience of working in public health supply chain management programs, specifically with reproductive health (RH) products
- Good knowledge of donor and partner landscape for RH in Nigeria
- Excellent client engagement skills
- Ability to be self managing of own time and results, and to be a proactive and clear communicator.
- Strong consulting, facilitation, stakeholder management and client management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to career website on www.jsi.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.