Communications Role at the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
Posted on: 2 February, 2017
Deadline: 8 February, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at ICRC - International Committee of
The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is the largest humanitarian network in the world. Its mission is to alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies. It is present in every country and supported by millions of volunteers.
The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is dedicated to preventing and alleviating human suffering in warfare and in emergencies such as epidemics, floods and earthquakes.
- Assists the Head of Office (HoO) in situation analysis, identifies relevant stakeholders and facilitates contacts with them; advises the HoO on developments in Yobe state
- Conducts, mainly independently, information sessions with the main stakeholders
- Contributes to the interaction with the local Nigerian Red Cross Branches (NRCS) and provides support in capacity-building to their particular COM-programmes
- Identifies the communications needs of the office, contributes actively to the development of the strategy and planning of activities
- Supports the Communications Coordinator of the Delegation in the analysis of the communication needs with field perspectives and contributes to the development of the Delegation’s communications strategy and in the preparation of the annual planning exercise
- University degree in relevant field
- A minimum of five years working experience in a similar field
- Very good command of written and spoken English and Hausa - the knowledge of Kanuri is a strong advantage
- Good computer skills
- Good knowledge of geographical area covered by the office (Yobe state)
- Very good analytical skills
- Very good presentation skills
- Capacity to summarize information
- Capacity to apply ICRC rules and procedure
- Capacity to treat information confidentially
Method of Application
Persons interested and qualified should send application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to
Please clearly indicate “Communication Field Officer Damaturu" as the subject of your application
(Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 08.02.2017, 16:30 h. Late application will not be considered
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively
humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to
provide them with assistance.
For more information about the ICRC, please visit our website www.icrc.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about ICRC - International Committee of the Red CrossSimilar Jobs
- Stock/Freight Manager at Solidarites International
- Project Officer at Search For Common Ground
- Job Vacancies at TechnoServe
- Latest Jobs at Mercy Corps
- Research Officer At The Population Council
- Radio Operator At The World Health Organization
- Finance Coordinator At Christian Aid
- Country Director at Chemonics International Inc