Latest Job Opening at Médecins du Monde
Posted on: 1 February, 2017
Deadline: 2 June, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Medecins Du Monde
Médecins du Monde or Doctors of the World, is an international humanitarian non-profit organization that provides emergency and long-term medical care to vulnerable populations while advocating for equal access to healthcare worldwide.
Job No: NG/COG/0117/31242
Contract : Fixed-term contract
Duration : 9 months
Task and Responsibilities
- Under direct responsibility of the Head of Emergency department, you report to the Desk officer. You are in charge of designing and supervising the implementation of MdM’s operational strategy in Nigeria.
More precisely, you:
- Manage the coordination team (5 persons).
- Monitor regularly the humanitarian situation in Nigeria in collaboration with the coordination team and in case of substantial changes propose and discuss new actions with the team and the Desk officer, including the conduction of need assessments or the implementation of new activities.
- Participate in the definition of the operational plans, and are in charge of the coordination of its implementation, and the supervision of the activities in a timely manner and in the respect of MDM ethics, principles and MDM commitments.
- Ensure regular interaction, information sharing, and collaboration with other humanitarian actors in Nigeria (UN agencies, INGOs, local NGOs), and in particular with the medical organizations with similar programs.
- Represent MdM with the local authorities and with local and international media.
- Are responsible for fundraising and budget management, ensuring the respect of donors contractual obligations.
- Monitor the security situation, analyze and anticipate the security evolutions.
- Define and implement safety rules up to date and guarantee their application by all the team in Nigeria.
- Manage and report on any security incident affecting MDM staff and assets.
Skills and Experience Needed
- Extensive experience in a similar position in the humanitarian sector as general coordinator
- Experience in supervision and management of a large expatriate and national team
- Experience in representation with humanitarian actors, authorities and donors
- Experience in hard negotiations with local authorities, partners and staff
- Solid experience in a volatile security context and in security management
- Excellent communication skills, listening and diplomacy skills
- Working previously in Nigeria or the Region in an asset
- Ability to take effective decisions according to the context
- Flexibility, reactivity, anticipation, adaptability
- Leadership / team spirit / diplomacy
- English fluent
- French is an asset
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Medecins Du Monde career website on mdm.profilsearch.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Medecins Du MondeSimilar Jobs
- Consultant (Local Facilitator) at Creative Associates International
- Community Access Advisor at IPAS Nigeria
- Deputy Safety Advisor at the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO)
- Assistant Vehicle Fleet Manager (VFM Assistant) at The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
- Cashiers at the Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
- Purchase Officer at Solidarités International (SI)
- Human Resources Manager at Malaria Consortium Nigeria
- Graduate and Experienced Recruitment at FHI 360