Risk Manager at a Leading MicroFinance Bank - Culminate Consulting
Posted on: 31 January, 2017
Deadline: 12 January, 2017
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at Culminate Consulting
Culminate Consulting is a professional service firm into the business of Recruitment, Training, Outsourcing and ISO 9001: 2015 QMS, HSE, OSHA Implementation. We have worked extensively across diverse sectors of the economy ranging from Telecommunication, Banking &Finance, Information Technology and Oil & Gas.
We have been mandated by our client a micro-finance bank to recruit in the capacity below:
- Planning, designing and implementing an overall risk management process for the organization.
- Risk assessment, which involves analyzing risks as well as identifying, describing and estimating the risks affecting the business.
- Risk evaluation, which involves comparing estimated risks with criteria established by the organization such as costs, legal requirements and environmental factors, and evaluating the organization's previous handling of risks.
- establishing and quantifying the organization's 'risk appetite', i.e. the level of risk they are prepared to accept.
- Risk reporting in an appropriate way for different audiences, for example, to the board of directors so they understand the most significant risks, to business heads to ensure they are aware of risks relevant to their parts of the business and to individuals to understand their accountability for individual risks.
- Corporate governance involving external risk reporting to stakeholders.
- Carrying out processes such as purchasing insurance, implementing health and safety measures and making business continuity plans to limit risks and prepare for if things go wrong.
- Conducting audits of policy and compliance to standards, including liaison with internal and external auditors.
- Providing support, education and training to staff to build risk awareness within the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, is required
- Must be a chartered Accountant.
- At least 3 - 5years experience in Financial Institution Risk, Audit, Compliance or Business Operations
- Strong knowledge of bank operations, and/or product support related business experience within a Retail Bank/Consumer Bank
- Strong analytical skills and proven ability to develop solutions to complex problems
- Ability to understand business functions quickly and assess the operational, financial, regulatory or reputation impact of control issues
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Enthusiastic, self motivated, effective under pressure
- Must work well individually, and in team
- Strong desk top skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Business Objects) with the ability to quickly learn new applications
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV’s to: email@example.com with the relevant position applied for as the subject of the mail
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Culminate ConsultingSimilar Jobs
- Job Vacancies at Imisi Partners
- User Experience/User Interface Designer at Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Resident Control Officer at Citygate Global Investment Limited
- Job Vacancies at Empire Trust Microfinance Bank
- Career Opportunities at PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC)
- Graduate and Experienced Vacancies at ARM Life Plc
- Scrum Master at a Leading Nigerian Bank - Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners
- Latest Recruitment at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)