An International Development Organization (NERI) is seeking applications from qualified Nigerian nationals for the position of Logistics Officer
Location of Position: These positions will be based in Adamawa and Borno State respectively
Number of Positions: Adamawa (2), Borno (1)
Position Start Date: Immediately
The Logistics Officer is responsible for supporting operations in all activities at the state office. The Logistics Officer will support a range of operational duties than span from maintaining inventory and ensuring compliance to the operational policies. This position will be based in Adamawa and Borno. Limited travel may be required.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Logistics Officer will report to the Office Managerin Adamawa and Borno respectively.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure that office operational policies are followed and compliant with policies;
- Responsible for maintaining inventory and coordinating compliance with project and donor policies;
- Travel as needed to LGA districts to monitor inventory and logistics
- Assist with office operations and procedures; managing the filing systems; supply requisitions (stationery, utility payments)
- Supervise support staff (i.e. drivers, security guards, etc.)
- Co-ordination and maintenance of systems related to Housekeeping.
- Coordinate and maintain the office fleet management and efficient use of project vehicles and other transport services in support of program objectives
- Coordinate travel bookings for the state office – flights, hotel, airport pick up/drop off
- Arranging regular maintenance of electrical equipment and safety devices
- Perform other tasks, as assigned
- HND or degree in related field is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working on USAID or similar internationally-funded programs.
- Strong knowledge of donor procurement rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to solve challenging and complicated logistical issues.
- Experience with budgeting and cost analysis.
- Strong ability to use and develop management and tracking systems.
- Strong communication skills
- Fluency in one or more of the local state languages in the North Eastern part of Nigeria is required.
Method of Application
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following documents
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities AND
- A cover letter
To following e-mail address: email@example.com
Please reference the job title and location on the cover letter and resume /CV.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.