Bradfield is equipped not only to attract excellent personnel but to ensure that they are improved and empowered to deliver on every client’s strategic intent/organizational goal. Our value is to assist in getting rid of all inconvenience associated with recruitment; plus reducing unsuitable employees either via skill or culture. And more… all this would be done within concise turn-around time. Beyond this, we package and deliver quality trainings to help prune your employees to deliver efficiently.
Our Client, a leading Legal firm is looking for an experienced Accountant to manage book-keeping and entry of accounting records, maintain the financial and internal controls of the firm and provide for effective reporting to management. To also manage all tax activities for the firm and its employees.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To carry out the following functions as follows:
Book-keeping and Accounting:
To oversee and manage the accounting books and records of the firm and ensure that all financial transactions are accurately and promptly posted into the accounts ledgers of the firm;
Internal Control and Reporting:
To Implement and maintain an effective internal control system and financial control. Provide accurate and informative reporting on the financial results of the firm that will enable effective management decisions;
Financial System Management:
To ensure that the financial systems and processes implemented are efficient and effective, and support the internal controls processes and procedures. These must be maintained and reengineered on a continuous basis to ensure at all times that they are effective and efficient;
To ensure that there is accurate accounting in accordance with Nigerian accounting standards, that facilitates effective reporting and decision-making;
To ensure that there is an accurate and effective budget process in place to ensure sound financial control and reporting, and forecasting of financial results;
- Performing other related duties and responsibilities as directed.
- Reporting line: Reports to Financial Controller, but interfaces with Partners as necessary
- Supervision: Candidate will work under the direct supervision of Financial Controller.
- Contacts: With approval from Partners, candidate will liaise and interface with Associates, Administrative staff, and the Firm’s bankers and Auditors.
Demands of the Job:
- Ability to keep confidential and observe the utmost discretion in all matters relating to the Firm;
- Ability to recognise financial events and consequences of actions; exercise good judgment with value added recommendations.
- Ability to understand the functions of every department in the firm, its relationship with other departments and its overall contribution to the objectives of the organisation;
- Ability to organise, prioritise and evaluate work as well supervise and direct subordinates
- Ability to use Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc. for presentation and reporting;
- Ability to relate with partners and associates in the firm and ensure an understanding of the finance function as supportive to all legal service operations;
- Ability to work with minimal/no supervision;
- Ability to multi task with minimal or no error; and
- Ability to be a proactive thinker and an excellent problem solver.
- B.Sc Accounting or related course
- ACA, ACMA or ACCA certificate
- Hands-on experience with Sage Line-50 accounting software
Minimum of 3 years post qualification experience in the management of financial systems and budgets, financial reporting, financial data analysis, auditing, taxation and providing financial advice.
- Proactive, confident, problem solver, energetic, result driven, honest, articulate and hardworking individual with a strong desire to excel and a passion for the work
- Rewards: Reasonably compensated with usual benefits
- Knowledge Needs: Candidate must have the requisite Accounting Knowledge, including, but not limited to:
Strong understanding of the workings and functions of the finance office of the Firm.
Book-keeping and financial reporting.
- Strong problem solving, listening and learning skills and proactive/analytical thinking;
- Ability to report challenges and relevant information clearly and timely;
- Excellent organizational skills with an attention to detail (good at multi-tasking);
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to deal with customers and external contacts;
- Good organizational skills, ability to work and sometimes implement own processes;
- Excellent team-player; and
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- A strong work ethic with a positive, ‘get-it-done’ attitude.
- Honesty, integrity, stress tolerance, self-control, flexibility/adaptability, independence, self-motivated and committed to the common goals and values of the Firm.
go to method of application »
Due to a recent expansion, our client, a foremost Insurance company, that offers customer-focused solutions covering life, general and special risks, wants to fill the position of Marketing Representative.
- Successful candidates will be responsible for selling the company’s offerings to customers.
- Key responsibilities include:
- Garner a detailed understanding of the company’s offerings
- Generate leads
- Meet with and present to prospects
- Answer questions and handle objections
- Close sales
- Administer and supervise transaction documentations
- Customer service and relationship management
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- A focused and goal oriented self-starter
- Personable and possess excellent people relations/ management
- Highly persuasive and mature
- Potential for growth into a more senior role
- Willing and able to learn
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree, HND, OND
- Previous experience in sales
- Presentation and selling skills
- Good communication
- Planning and organisation skills
- In addition to a basic salary, commission will be paid
- This is a career opportunity as successful candidates will be trained and over time progress within the organisation.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.