Engineering Job Opportunity at JAGAL Group
Posted on: 31 January, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Jagal Group
JAGAL Group, is a leading Nigerian conglomerate with operations in the Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing industries. The company has been growing successfully over the past 40 years, and has become a valuable and respected contributor to the development of the country's economy.
Jagal offers diverse career opportunities across all its business activities. The Group's broad range of industries and services offer rewarding prospects for various professional backgrounds and can satisfy ambitions for a successful future career.
Job ID: 654
Reporting to: Civil/Infrastructure Manager
- Will be involved with routine geotechnical/construction materials laboratory testing including: soils, concrete and masonry laboratory test performance, calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment, keeping the laboratory organized and in compliance with QA/QC initiatives and AASHTO accreditation requirements, calculations and data reduction of test results and other administrative duties, as appropriate.
Key Aims and Objectives
- Ensure construction project quality objectives are met.
- Actively and visibly promote company health and safety standards and requirement.
- Ensure that high quality standards are maintained and project achieves the required quality standard.
- Maintain a professional relationship with company departments and functions.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- Testing of geotechnical/construction materials laboratory including soils, concrete and masonry laboratory test performance.
- Calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Keeping the laboratory organized and in compliance with QA/QC initiatives
- Calculations and data reduction of test results and other administrative duties, as appropriate.
- Function as a field technician performing soils and concrete testing in the field.
- Observing and documenting construction
- Report issues of non-conformance to line manager.
- Carryout steel tensile text to ensure that rebar are in conformity with project specification.
- Ensure that all quality management record are documented and kept for audit and assessment purposes.
- Ensure that project quality objectives are met according to project specification.
- Ensure that all concrete aggregates are tested at source and also on arrival and ensure that result met with project specification.
- Prepare mix proportion based on mix design and communicate same to batching plant operator.
- Monitor the slump or consistency of fresh concrete mix.
- Monitor fresh concrete sampling, cubes making, marking and curing of concrete cubes.
- Ensure that concrete cubes are tested when due.
- Design test reporting pro forma.
- Open a concrete cubes register.
- Full responsibility of the finished project document and archive them separately in the shelves in a highly professional manner for traceability.
- Prepare monthly and weekly reports of all tasks
- Cleaning, maintaining, repairing and calibration of laboratory testing equipment.
Key internal interfaces:
- Batching plant operator and civil supervisor
- 5 -8 years industry experience.
- High school Diploma or a Civil Engineering Degree
- Related soils/concrete laboratory/field experience is a plus.
- Experience performing routine laboratory soils and concrete tests is a plus.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Jagal Group career website on jagal.hua.hrsmart.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Jagal GroupSimilar Jobs
- Jobs at Petrok Oil And Gas Services Limited
- Liquid Mud Plant Manager at Hobark International Limited
- Integrated Measurement Solutions Account Manager at Cameron
- Job Openings at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Country/Area Reliability Manager at Halliburton Energy Services Nigeria Limited
- FOPS - Start-Up Superintendent at Onstream Group
- General Manager/Director, Government Relations at Aldelia Limited
- Latest Jobs at Hobark International Limited (HIL)