Management Sciences for Health (MSH) saves lives and improves health, especially among the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people, by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. We live our mission to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
The Technical Officer will work in a team led by a Technical Advisor to provide integrated technical assistance to the community based health insurance program in Rivers state in partnership with Shell Petroleum Development Company and will be responsible for the day-to-day implementation of PLAN-Health program.
The work of the technical Officer will be under the supervision of the Technical Advisor overseeing implementation and support in Health care financing and are expected to work closely as a team with other colleagues in MSH Nigeria.
1. Building and managing professional relationships with key stakeholders in Rivers state. This includes Health facilities, SPDC, Community, LGA and the government of Rivers State.
2. Providing support for the technical advisor and team on integrating clients’ needs for institutional capacity building into Community based health insurance program.
3. Providing reliable, high-quality follow through on all obligations to clients and other stakeholders
4. Bringing pending needs for short and long term technical assistance to the attention of the Technical Advisor in a timely manner.
5. Support the technical advisor to plan and execute strategies for technical assistance
The technical officer is required to apply his/her specialized training, expertise and experience in supporting the program to achieve its objectives. He/ She is expected to be familiar with community based health insurance implementation, PEPFAR and HIV/AIDS service delivery in Nigeria and have a good knowledge of the expectations and demands of USAID and other international donor agencies.
• Masters degree – preferably in health, social sciences and relevant field.
• Minimum of three years’ experience in capacity building in Nigeria
• Experience in Health care financing (CBHI, PBF)
• Experience working in or with public sector organizations, particularly in the health field
• Knowledge of PEPFAR-funded programs and experience in managing relationships with USAID missions preferred.
• Ability to work as a member of a team, and to contribute to developing a new project in a dynamic environment.
• Experience in institutional capacity building across the areas of finance, human resources, governance, and planning, organizational development, and program management.
• Proven programmatic and technical ability and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with professional colleagues in a broad range of indigenous governmental organizations and NGO.
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong facilitation skills
• Ability to produce results in diverse cultural, social, and language contexts.
• Demonstrated computer skills in MS Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Follow link to view details and apply: https://jobs-msh.icims.com/jobs/6467/job