Médecins du Monde or Doctors of the World, is an international humanitarian non-profit organization that provides emergency and long-term medical care to vulnerable populations while advocating for equal access to healthcare worldwide.
SUPERVISOR: Administrative Coordinator
STATUS: National Employee (Nigerian)
LENGTH OF CONTRACT: 6 MONTHS
POSSIBILITY FOR EXTENSION: YES
I. Main responsibilities
- Under the responsibility of the Admin Coordinator and with technical links with the logistic and medical department, the Admin Manager is responsible for maintaining financial, accounting, administrative and personnel services in order to meet legal and MdM requirements and support to the organization operations.
- S/He is responsible for preparing financial statements, maintaining cash controls, preparing the payroll and personnel administration, and managing office operations.
- S/He works within the organization policies and procedures in order to guarantee rigorous and transparent procedures and to fulfil the objectives of the mission and to respect MdM and donors’ guidelines.
- This is a senior role within the organization, and MDM seeks highly qualified candidates with capacity to manage complex tasks under pressure.
- Administer and monitor the financial system in order to ensure that the organization finances are maintained in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting system (SAGA)
- Support the Cash box management, Ensure that the cash controls is done and correct
- Prepare Monthly financial reports and report on variances on request
- Submit monthly financial requests to HQ
- Contribute to setting up funding strategy of the mission in the country
- Prepare with the project and log team the monthly fund request to the coordination in order to have enough funds for activities
- Responsible for the preparation of the budget, budget planning & monitoring of project.
- Propose financial policies and procedures and after validation follow-up and monitor
- Administer National staff files and records in order to ensure accurate payment of benefits and allowances
- Establish and keep up to date staff files in the computerized accounting system and in hard copies
- Maintain monthly the data base for staff (leave, attendance sheet, allowance and benefits, contracts, amendment…)
- Prepare, verify and issue payments
- Keep up to date the job description and evaluation after probationary period
- Conduct induction briefings for new staff, and ensure all recruitment and orientation procedures are followed
- Administer Expatriate files and records in order to ensure accurate payment of benefits and allowances
- Establish files in the computerized accounting system
- Prepare and issue per diem payment slips / advances for employees
- Follow up on the date of expiry for expatriate residency permit and do the link with the appropriate person to keep up to date
- Responsible for De-briefing and briefing for new Expatriates arriving to the mission regarding some administrative issues
- Manage the flight tickets date for the expat staff in coordination with the Admin Coordinator
- Support the department for the process recruitment: CV selection and organization, contacts with local employment office, interviews, tests, selection, briefing
- For the admin staff, recruit, train and supervise admin junior staff
- Training: follow up identification of training needed, local offers we can get regarding the needs
- If necessary, handle together with the Admin Coordinator, disciplinary actions as per MDM’s terms and conditions of engagement
Consolidate and submit weekly/monthly admin report and annexes to Admin Coordinator
Legal Framework and other
- Support the Admin coordinator in securing the organization legal registration.
- Prepare and verify contracts (service contracts, premises rental and vehicle rental contracts… etc.)
- Manage the filing, storage and security of documents
- Respond to inquiries and support the rest of the team in any administration, budgets and accounting issues.
- Degree level qualification in Business, Admin, Finance, or similar
- At least 5 years progressively responsible experience in a similar role
- Strong accounting and bookkeeping skills
- Strong understanding of HR procedures
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent computer skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting, Microsoft office Excel at a proficient level
- stress management skills
- time management skills
- ability to work in countries under conflict and in tense situations
- Experience in a Humanitarian Organization preferred
- Experience supervising staff preferred
- be reliable
- possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- demonstrate sound work ethics
- ability to work under a minimum of supervision
- Team spirit
- Flexibility, reactivity, anticipation, adaptability, capacity to take initiatives
- Ability to classify and to manage priorities
- Listening and diplomacy skills
go to method of application »
SUPERVISOR: Administrative Assistant
LENGTH OF CONTRACT: 6 months POSSIBILITY FOR EXTENSION: YES
- Under the supervision of the Administrative Assistant, the Cleaner/ Cook will be responsible for the following activities:
- Ensure the daily cleaning, and tidying of the Guest House, and Offices.
- Ensure the daily cleaning of all rooms, balcony, shared areas, and offices.
- Ensure the supply of fresh towels, and bed sheets to rooms on a regular basis.
- Ensure the availability of cleaning materials ( tissue, napkins, soap, disinfectants mops, brooms)
- Ensure the washing, and ironing of all bed sheet, cloths, and curtains of the Guest House, and offices.
- Ensure that the compound is clean on a daily basis.
- Ensure that the trash bins are regularly empty, and clean.
- Ensure the safety of all items, and equipment placed at his/her disposal
- Will respect the instruction given by the supervisor, will be responsible for the purchase of food, planning for meals and after validation of admin department will go to do the shopping.
- Will prepare full meals per day for the staff, respecting hygiene procedures
- Responsible for the preservation, and kitchen storage (food and non-food items).
- Work with Logistics department to ensure the supply of safe drinking water to the office, and Guest House.
- Clean the kitchen, and its surrounding
- Responsible for the items, and equipment placed at his/her disposal
- Any other tasks as assigned.
- Minimum education level: Able to read and write
- A minimum of 1 year professional experience in a similar position
- Languages: (spoken) English, Kanuri and Hausa.
- Strong work ethic and rigor
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Strong organization skills
- Team player
Method of Application
Send CV + cover letter and any other relevant document, Either in person, deliver to MDM Office, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Using the position Administrative Manager as the subject line.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Starting date: ASAP
Place of office: Maiduguri, Borno State
We’ll pay attention only to the complete files in English.
Our process of selection include some written tests and oral interviews.