Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
The Community Liaison Officer will primarily be responsible to the Field Coordinator (FieldCo) for the active involvement of community’s, Ministries, non-governmental organizations (NGO), Community-Based Organizations (CBO) and other social partners, by liaison, training and sensitizing communities for the identification, formulation and implementation of AAH programs in a bid to contribute to the eradication of extreme hunger, malnutrition and poverty in Northern Nigeria.
- Raise awareness and knowledge about AAH mandate, activities and principles
- Raise awareness about humanitarian principles
- Developing public relations programmes to educate the general public and community members about the AAH program activities to support active community participation and ownership.
- Creation and provision of awareness materials to community’s, local authorities, non-governmental organizations (NGO), Community-Based Organizations (CBO) and other social partners
- Awareness presentation design and delivery to community’s, local authorities, non-governmental organizations (NGO), Community-Based Organizations (CBO) and other social partners
- Assisting with the organization of required community meetings and other participatory consultations.
- Collaborate with the S&SM as communities become safer for return of IDP’s to establish a relation with that communities leader for future coordination as AAH expands its program support
- Coordinate with local authorities, partners and other program stakeholders AAH mandate
Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology or Rural Development or in a related field with at least 3 years’ relevant project experience working with rural communities.
Minimum two years’ work experience in humanitarian contexts, with at least 1 year in conflict/insecure contexts.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive.
- Excellent team player.
- Previous experience with Community Liaison management duties.
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word).
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in English, Hausa and Kanuri.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Commitment to AAH mission, values and policy.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience with AAH.
- Administrative competence would be an asset.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit their application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org,
To be considered, applications must include a CV and letter of interest, and indicate the full position title and location in the email subject line, or on the application envelope. For example, “Community Mobilization Manager - Borno” OR “Community Mobilization Officer - Borno”.. Also note that any application received without these specifications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Qualified women and men are encouraged to apply.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale