IITA is one of the world's leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees.
Recruitment Type: National (1-year renewable contract)
- Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assist in DNA extraction from soil, bacteria, fungi, plant and any other molecular work and procurement of all microbiology supplies and equipment;
- Assist in maintaining all microbiology equipment, isolation and authentication of bacteria from nodules and other rhizobiology work;
- Assist in isolation and maintenance of plant growth promoting micro-organism and microbial analysis on all samples;
- Assist in maintaining controlled growth chambers and microbial cultures;
- Assist in maintaining the laboratory and its annexes;
- Assist both MSc & PHD students on all laboratory/greenhouse/field work related to microbiology;
- Assist in training IT students, NYSC and manage lab, staff and daily analytical services;
- Handles customer samples and assign needed analyses to technicians and bill.
Customers for lab analytical services;
- Assist in updating, upgrading and train staff on new emerging analytical techniques;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- OND in Science Laboratory Technology, Microbiology or related discipline with at least Five (5) years relevant experience.
Ideal Candidate must:
- Have practical microbiology techniques, statistical software and be computer literate.
- Possession of valid drivers’ license is an added advantage.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application
Aapplicants must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here for more information (PDF)
Interested and qualified? Go to IITA - International Institute of Tropical Agriculture career website on jobs.iita.org to apply