Drivers at IFES
Posted on: 27 January, 2017
Deadline: 14 February, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at International Foundation for Elec
The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) supports citizens’ rights to participate in free and fair elections. Our independent expertise strengthens electoral systems and builds local capacity to deliver sustainable solutions.
A reputable international NGO that supports the building of electoralmdemocracies with support from USAID seeks qualified applicants to fill
the following vacancies in its Abuja office:
- Ensuring reliable and safe driving in transporting project personnel, visitors, and consultants in vehicles for conducting IFES business;
- Receiving personnel, visitors, and consultants at the airport; Ensuring appropriate route planning and security measures for business travels;
- Maintaining vehicle and fuel logs to ensure proper use of vehicles;
- Maintaining the condition of vehicles on a day-to- day basis by making minor repairs, working with logistics officer to arrange for major repairs,
- and ensuring timely oil changes, tire and brake checks, and car washes;
- Ensuring availability of all necessary documents and supplies, including vehicle insurance, vehicle and fuel logs, maps, first aid kit, and spare parts; Taking immediate action in accordance with rules and regulations in the case of an accident;
- Traveling outside of Abuja for project activities as required;
- Timely reporting of vehicle malfunctions, incidences and faults;
- Perform other responsibilities assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications and experience
- At least 12 years work experience in a similar position with at least
- 5 years’ experience driving in Abuja.
- Must be familiar with roads within the entire country.
- Possess a valid Drivers’ License
- Must be calm, courteous and professional
- Possess initiative, a positive attitude and have strong value for integrity and loyalty
- Highest consideration will be given to applicants who demonstrate and proven track record with democracy and governance work.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should forward their type written application, current resume, copies of certificates, drivers license and three references by clicking the Apply Now button
Only applications sent by email will be considered and short listed candidates will be contacted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IF...Similar Jobs
- Job Opportunities at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Project Assistant at Abt Associates
- Programme Officers at Participation Initiative for Behavioural Change in Development (PIBCID)
- Consultants at the United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Logistics and Procurement Officers at The Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Latest Vacancies at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Job Vacancies at Active Voices
- Latest Job Vacancy at The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)