Logisticians at Medecins Du Monde
Posted on: 26 January, 2017
Deadline: 26 March, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Medecins Du Monde
Médecins du Monde or Doctors of the World, is an international humanitarian non-profit organization that provides emergency and long-term medical care to vulnerable populations while advocating for equal access to healthcare worldwide.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- As a logistician, you will be under the supervision of the logistics coordinator.
- You will support the national logistic team for the implementation of the base and you will follow-up the logistics activities with the resources, procedures and tools defined with the logistic coordinator.
More specifically, you will:
- Supply for the implementation of the base and the program.
- Supervise purchasing, ensuring that approval rules and procedures are observed.
- Select suppliers and negotiate prices, deadlines and delivery methods.
- Update price lists and supplier files, update the purchase follow-up tools.
- Ensure the vehicle fleet management, supervising the drivers’ team and ensuring the maintenance of the vehicles.
- Ensure the regular order for the guesthouse and the maintenance of the base.
- Upgrade and develop facilities for the leaving area of the expatriate.
- Supervise the team of guards, including scheduling, in line with MDM HR policies.
- Support the logistics coordinator in all aspects of security management for the mission.
- Collect security reports and follow up.
- Ensure implementation of the security protocols by the drivers and guards, as well as through procurement procedures and any other areas of work.
Skills and Experience Needed
- Certificate in Logistic Management (such as Bioforce Institute)
- At least 2-3 years of professional experience in logistics
- At least 1 previous experience with an I.NGO is required (with MDM is an asset)
- Experience dealing with suppliers and following procurement procedures
- Strong knowledge of MS Office tool pack (Word, Excel)
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to be flexible
- Ability to work under stressful situation and under specific security context
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- English is mandatory (oral, written)
- French is an asset
Conditions of Employment
- Status: Volunteer - VSI
- Contract: Fixed-term contract
- Duration: 6 months
- 915 euros / month + perdiem
- Starting date: ASAP
- Single posting
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Medecins Du Monde career website on mdm.profilsearch.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Medecins Du MondeSimilar Jobs
- Jobs at Mercy Corps Nigeria
- Senior Program Coordinator at the International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Job Opportunities at KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
- Project Officer at Aspilos Foundation (AF)
- Latest Job Openings at Plan International
- Head of Field Office at the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- Job Openings at The International Medical Corps (IMC)
- Support Manager at the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)