Logisticians at Medecins Du Monde
Posted on: 26 January, 2017
Deadline: 26 March, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Medecins Du Monde
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Médecins du Monde or Doctors of the World, is an international humanitarian non-profit organization that provides emergency and long-term medical care to vulnerable populations while advocating for equal access to healthcare worldwide.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- As a logistician, you will be under the supervision of the logistics coordinator.
- You will support the national logistic team for the implementation of the base and you will follow-up the logistics activities with the resources, procedures and tools defined with the logistic coordinator.
More specifically, you will:
- Supply for the implementation of the base and the program.
- Supervise purchasing, ensuring that approval rules and procedures are observed.
- Select suppliers and negotiate prices, deadlines and delivery methods.
- Update price lists and supplier files, update the purchase follow-up tools.
- Ensure the vehicle fleet management, supervising the drivers’ team and ensuring the maintenance of the vehicles.
- Ensure the regular order for the guesthouse and the maintenance of the base.
- Upgrade and develop facilities for the leaving area of the expatriate.
- Supervise the team of guards, including scheduling, in line with MDM HR policies.
- Support the logistics coordinator in all aspects of security management for the mission.
- Collect security reports and follow up.
- Ensure implementation of the security protocols by the drivers and guards, as well as through procurement procedures and any other areas of work.
Skills and Experience Needed
- Certificate in Logistic Management (such as Bioforce Institute)
- At least 2-3 years of professional experience in logistics
- At least 1 previous experience with an I.NGO is required (with MDM is an asset)
- Experience dealing with suppliers and following procurement procedures
- Strong knowledge of MS Office tool pack (Word, Excel)
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to be flexible
- Ability to work under stressful situation and under specific security context
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- English is mandatory (oral, written)
- French is an asset
Conditions of Employment
- Status: Volunteer - VSI
- Contract: Fixed-term contract
- Duration: 6 months
- 915 euros / month + perdiem
- Starting date: ASAP
- Single posting
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Medecins Du Monde career website on mdm.profilsearch.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Medecins Du MondeSimilar Jobs
- Programme Assistant (Cash Based Transfer) at the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
- Human Resources Business Partner at Oxfam Nigeria
- Drivers at the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO)
- Administrative Officers at the War Against Chronic Diseases Initiative
- Field Workers at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
- National Research Coordinator - Lassa Fever at the World Health Organization (WHO)
- Technical Specialist at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Job Vacancies at Options