A newly licensed Radio Station based in North-central Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position below:
Location: North-central, Nigeria
- The Managing Director/CEO will be responsible for managing the day to day operations of the company and ensuring that all company activities and operations are carried out in compliance with regulations and laws governing broadcast media operations in Nigeria.
- Develop a strategic plan to advance the company’s mission and objectives and to promote revenue, profitability, and growth as an organisation
- Oversee company operations to ensure production efficiency, quality, service, and cost-effective management of resources
- Plan, develop, and implement strategies for generating resources and/or revenues for the company.
- Approve company operational procedures, policies, and standards.
- Review activity reports and financial statements to determine progress and status in attaining objectives and revise objectives and plans in accordance with prevailing conditions.
- Strong banking or financial management experience
- Strong media practice experience
- Strong experience in media relations
- First degree (or its equivalent) in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any other Social Science/Humanities discipline
- Professional accounting certification, e.g. ICAN, ACA; ACCA, CPA or other relevant higher business degree will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience of which at least three years must have been in a senior management position leading peoples and processes
- Experience in strategic planning and execution
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures
- Experience in formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
- Ability to develop financial plans and manage resources
- Ability to analyse and interpret financial data
- Knowledge of Media principles and practices
- Ability to identify and secure revenue sources
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
- Ability to foster and sustain relationships with key stakeholders in the broadcast media industry
- High ethical standards and integrity
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
go to method of application »
Location: North-central, Nigeria
- The General Manager Finance contributes to the overall success of the organisation by effectively managing all financial tasks for the company.
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate in accordance with IFRS
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures
- Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit and liaise with the Board’s Audit Committee and the external auditors as necessary
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems and reconcile bank and investment accounts
- Manage the cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts in accordance with policy
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that personnel and financial information is secure and stored in compliance with current legislation
- Lead and manage payroll preparation and administration, budget preparation, project management accounting and risk management
- Degree in Accounting, Commerce, or Business Management/Administration
- Professional accounting certification, e.g. ICAN,ACA, ACCA, CPA
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs forAccounting
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience of which at least 2 years must have been in senior management position
- Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organisational parameters.
- Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organisation.
- Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organisation
- Determine strategies to move the organisation forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations arid/or resolve the problem.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV's, and a cover letter to: email@example.com
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale