Fresh Job Vacancy at APM Terminals Nigeria - Maersk Group
Posted on: 26 January, 2017
Deadline: 9 February, 2017
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View All Jobs at APM Terminals
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish Maersk Group - a Global Fortune 500 company with about 89,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and manufacturing industries - Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.
Location: Onne, Rivers
- A wide range of national and international career opportunities
- Opportunities for professional growth in a dynamic environment.
- Act as the focal client contact, identify clients’ business strategies and objectives, logistics and transportation needs and buying criteria to develop and articulate value-based solutions to address their needs and wants.
- Develop deep and senior relationships with assigned clients and take every opportunity to probe for business opportunities. Utilize the senior-client contact relationship to open doors and support the account-development process.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to provide first-class service to further increase customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Track and analyze market development to identify gaps and potential new clients.
- Study and leverage internal and external financial data to build winning strategies.
- Communicate closely and proactively with management, provide strong support to all development initiatives, policies, processes and guidelines.
- Position APM Terminals as the preferred terminal with clients.
- Create and manage specific customer plans allowing APM Terminals to maximize its yield potential
- Negotiate commercial terms within delegated mandate
- Keep abreast of market developments and report relevant as necessary
- Proactively assist Finance and Customer Service in clearing outstanding invoices and longstanding containers respectively
- Use Market Mapping to identify total potential volume for the customer
- Qualify customer opportunities using:
- Uncovering needs framework, understanding the buying phases
- Using and understanding the Value Selling methodology
- Build strong customer specific value propositions linking APM Terminals differentiators to customer’s pains/needs
- Actively use APM Terminals CRM tool
- Prepare for Sales meetings with clear agenda and desired outcomes in the CRM tool
- Support commercial and customer services teams in improving overall customer satisfaction scores
- Assisting commercial and customer services team in developing effective sales and commercial collateral, including customer onboarding materials.
- Bachelor/Master’s Degree holder from a reputable organization.
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Minimum 7 years’ relevant sales experience with 3 years’ proven track record in major client management ( Business to Business)
- Relevant experience in Maritime/transportation/Logistics Industry
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills.
- Highly analytical with proven negotiation skills.
- Excellent commercial acumen.
- Passionate, strong initiative, self-driven with commitment to succeed.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to APM Terminals career website on jobsearch.maersk.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about APM TerminalsSimilar Jobs
- Account Officers at Daudeen Freight Forwarding Company
- Front Desk/Customer Care Officer at Ryno Nigeria
- Front-End Web Developers at Max.ng
- Food & Beverage Manager at Kempt Harkulson Nigeria Limited (KHNL)
- Head of IT Development at GMT Nigeria Limited
- Vehicle Maintainance/Operations Manager at Tekra Global Concepts Limited
- Business Development Officers at Southern Infinity Concepts Limited
- Digital Marketing Executives at Max.ng