Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
- To provide principal expertise in the field of marine operations (except in all associated activities with Tanker Lifting) as required by Clients EXPAT RULES.
- To provide Coaching to Marine contractors upon needs and demonstrate Ability to manage the interface with major Marine Contractors, from different cultures.
- Wide Experience (Senior) of offshore operation as Chief Engineer and Captain on AHTS, PSV and IMR (10 years)
- Supervision of marine personnel onshore and offshore.
- Good technical knowledge of marine engineering equipment and practices in order to Schedule, plan, prepare, manage and supervise offshore marine operations
- The Marine Superintendent provides expertise in the specialist field of marine engineering and operations to support clients marine activity as required by clients directives for Marine operations.
- Schedule, plan, prepare, manage and supervise various offshore marine operations, and provide Company Marine Representation for marine engineering related equipment; liaising with Line Management and Client Departments as necessary.
- Assist with all marine auditing requirements, which includes auditing of a wide range of offshore vessels, such as MODU’s and DSV and other specialist vessels, and contractors’ management systems, ensuring full compliance with Company Management System
- Monitor the operation and condition of all clients vessels.
- Ensure all operations under job holder’s supervision are conducted safely and within agreed SLA’s.
- Provide feedback for Marine Contract Service Quality Meetings.
- Provide regular reports and updates to the Manager of Marine regarding Marine Operations and Vessels’ status.
- Ensure the implementation and application of the COMPANY Marine procedures (guidelines on approach to Offshore installations, etc.), Company Management System and COMPANY HSE rules by Contractors
- Assist with the development and propose revision of marine procedures in compliance with the Company Management System.
- Monitor and propose corrective actions to Marine related anomaly reports and vessels action trackers
- Assist contractor Marine operations, procedure analysis and follow up of their application on site
- Participate in the incident investigation and follow-up (implementation of CTA conclusions)
- Conduct inspection of potential and contracted vessels and assessment of the crew
- Inspect on Quarterly basis the boat landings and issue a comprehensive report regarding their conditions.
- Continually monitor the fast crew boat activities with referent Captains of the contractors.
- Conduct OVID inspections for Nigeria
- Ensure Dynamic Positioning follow-up as well as DP audits for the Fleet of client in Nigeria
- Advise Offshore Installation Managers for the Marines Operations (loading & unloading cargoes, transfer of pax…)
- Provide Marine expertise to all departments offshore (Drilling, Projects and Production) concerning marine related activities.
HSE & PERSONAL COMMITMENT STATEMENT
At all times, the job holder will:
- Demonstrate personal commitment to the HSE Policy
- Maintain awareness of and ensure compliance with all relevant Statutory and Company HSE standards
- Actively participate in Company safety awareness and initiative schemes
In undertaking this role, the job holder will:
- Proactively carry out the activities of the job.
- Perform regular HSE meeting with contractors
- Be responsible for achievement of agreed objectives and corrective actions defined into contractor audit plan
- Adapt to changes in work practices and job activities
- Act in the best interest of the affiliate at all times.
- Seek out learning opportunities and transfer new skills and knowledge to the job
- Adhere to the values and principles of the Company Code of Conduct at all times
- Willingly and openly share good practice.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
- Incumbent is based offshore , Nigeria.
- Work regime: rotational 4 weeks on/4 weeks off (7 days per week)
- Frequent movement from one vessel to another with occasionally movement to port (Onne and/or Lagos)
- Maintain support for marine operations for all the affiliate’s entities.
- Ensure client HSE policy for all client District and CONTRACTORS’ Marine operations is adhered to.
- Maintain technical supervision of all marine activities.
- Issue Inspection and Close-out report
- Issue Anomaly and incident Report
- Ensure technical compliance with client’s standards.
- Report to Lagos Marine Manager, Lagos Marine Superintendant and Marine Offshore Manager
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Class 1 Master’s certificate (STCW95) for seagoing vessel
- 10 years experience as Chief Officer and Captain on Offshore Vessels (AHTS, PSV, IMR) with Full DPO Certificate
- Hold valid OVID inspector accreditation
- Experience in organisation, planning of personnel transport & logistics
- Proven record of achievement within marine operations.
- Languages: Fluent in spoken and written English.
go to method of application »
- Promote and support project approved documentations including HSSEQ policies, plans, and procedures
- Implement project logistics/security plans and procedures in close liaison with PMT, DW and PHC Districts.
- Support security survey, assessment, audits and inspection of contractors facilities in PHC and follow-up on the close-out of pending logistics and security actions
- Act as observer during security drills and exercise of project facilities in PHC including contractor’s yard.
- Organize allocated Project offices and resources in PHC and ensure adequate support to transit personnel.
- Collate requests for logistics/security support to update the Daily Movements Plan for PHC/Onne areas.
- Document logistics/security assistance for input in the daily/weekly/monthly operational reports
- Optimize use of dedicated security personnel/escort vehicles to support project logistics/security requests and maintain database to justify the allocated resources.
- Collaborate with project Logistics Officer to provide technical and administrative support for Project personnel based in PHC as well as personnel on mission to PHC and Onne areas.
- Collate security intelligence and disseminate appropriate information to safeguard personnel in transit and project operations/facilities in PHC/Onne areas using the Site Reps as focal point.
- Organize assigned drivers and escort team members to accomplish the project movement/ops tasks in PHC
- Ensure adequate monitoring of logistics/escorts movements and promptly report any anomaly/incident including conduct of a detailed investigation with report of findings.
- Maintain adequate contact with key project personnel in PHC and Onne areas including Site Representatives at all times.
- Monitor personnel movements, track and coordinate personnel transfers between project sites to ensure the security of such transfers is in accordance with Project Journey Management Plan.
- Coordinate with PHC Logistics and Security teams for additional resources for missions where necessary.
- Coordinate hotel accommodation bookings and follow up on other transit/administrative challenges.
- Organize all Group Travels, Package Travels and special travel for Project personnel in PHC.
- Carry out any other duties/tasks that may be assigned from time to time by the Hierarchy
- Encourage culture of HSE among team members by prompt anomaly reporting and close out.
- Ensure that the workplace, vehicles, and equipment are safe, clean and tidy at all time.
- Maintaining continuous awareness of hazards and surroundings and propose ways of improvement.
- Comply with office security, health and safety rules, instructions and procedures.
- Take care of colleagues’ safety and behaviour without hesitating to intervene decisively.
- Act as the Focal point for journey management of project personnel in Port Harcourt and Onne
- Ensuring that logistics & security resources are provided as requested by Project personnel to retain flexibility in project activities.
- Ensuring all logistics & security resources are managed in a sensible manner to avoid misuse.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
PHC and Onne.
Allocating logistics and security resources to implement Project journey management plan to promote flexibility in project activities and schedules and reduce exposure of personnel and assets to security risks in the face of dynamic security challenges in the area.
- Ensuring compliance with security and logistics rules while travelling in Nigeria.
- Ensuring Compliance with the Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights (VPSHR)
- Advanced Diploma or Bachelors degree in relevant discipline.
- 3+ years previous industrial security/logistics experience preferably in Oil and Gas Industry Projects.
- Good knowledge of Port Harcourt Township and Onne.
- Adequate computing skills and proficiency in MS Office suite
- Good team spirit and open communication skills. Well organised, diligent and proactive.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with attention to detail.
- Quick to learn new systems and a team player.
- Military/Police/DSS background is desirable.
30 January 2017
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.