Hubmart Stores Limited is a retail shopping chain of Nigerian heritage, offering multi-format stores in various locations and positioned to offer customers world-class shopping experience as well as a vast range of products. Our unique value proposition lies in our excellent customer service as well as our superior capabilities in the fresh categories.
- Achieves restaurant operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets restaurant financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Plans menus by consulting with chefs; estimates food costs and profits; adjusts menus.
- Controls costs by reviewing portion control and quantities of preparation; minimizing waste; ensuring high quality of preparation.
- Avoids legal challenges by conforming to the regulations of the alcoholic beverage commission.
- Maximizes bar profitability by ensuring portion control; monitoring accuracy of charges.
- Publicizes the restaurant by designing and placing advertisements; inviting food editors to review the restaurant; contacting local, regional, and national magazines with feature ideas; encouraging local businesses to hold social events at the restaurant.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations; securing revenues; developing and implementing disaster plans; maintaining security and sprinkler systems; maintaining parking lot and walkways.
- Maintains ambiance by controlling lighting, background music, linen service, glassware, dinnerware, and utensil quality and placement; monitoring food presentation and service.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 4-5 years' experience in relevant field.
- Candidates with a relevant degree or HND in business studies, management, hospitality management or hotel and catering.
Skills and Qualifications:
- People Management,
- Foster Teamwork,
- Giving Feedback,
- Verbal Communication
- Excellent customer service skills
- Commercial awareness
- Good interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Organizational skills
- Teamwork skills.
go to method of application »
Throughout the year, responsibilities typically involve:
- Analyzing consumer buying patterns and predicting future trends;
- Regularly reviewing performance indicators, such as sales and discount levels;
- Managing plans for stock levels;
- Reacting to changes in demand and logistics;
- Meeting suppliers and negotiating terms of contract;
- Maintaining relationships with existing suppliers and sourcing new suppliers for future products;
- Liaising with other departments within the organization to ensure projects are completed;
- Attending trade fairs, in the and overseas, to select and assemble a new collection of products;
- Participating in promotional activities;
- Writing reports and forecasting sales levels;
- Presenting new ranges to senior retail managers;
- Liaising with shop personnel to ensure supply meets demand;
- Getting feedback from customers;
- Training and mentoring junior staff.
- Minimum of 4-5 years’ experience (Previous retail work experience is important.)
- Relevant degree in retail or business with a greater commercial awareness.
You will need to show evidence of the following:
- Strong analytical skills
- Negotiating skills and the ability to network and influence people
- Teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Numeracy skills and proficiency using IT
- Good organization skills and the ability to multitask
- The ability to cope with the pressure of having to make important decisions and Meet tight deadlines
- The capability to work in a fast-paced environment and achieve targets
- Drive and determination
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a willingness to take risks
- Commercial awareness
- Leadership attributes
- Creative flair
- Confident presentation style
- A passion for retail.
Method of Application
Use the email(s) below to apply.
- Restaurant Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Retail Buyer - email@example.com
Applicants should send their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale