If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
PwC firms help organisations and individuals create the value they’re looking for. We’re a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 223,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. In Sub-Saharan Africa, we're the largest provider of professional services with offices in 34 countries and close to 9 000 people. PwC has been operating in Nigeria since 1953 through its predecessor firms of Coopers & Lybrand and Price Waterhouse. We're one of the leading professional services firms in the country with offices in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt, over 1000 staff and 27 resident partners.
Reference Number: 125-NIG00116
Department: Internal Firm Services
Job type: Permanent
Reporting to: The Head of Clients and Markets Development
- An experienced marketing communications professional with a few years marketing communications and business experience, preferably in an advertising or B2B environment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide marketing and communications support across a range of programmes and initiatives.
- The Clients and Markets Development team supports a range of leaders and their teams, predominantly by providing communications support, implementing marketing activities, and finding ways to share and collaborate across the Firm and the PwC network on a wide range of initiatives.
- This role represents an opportunity to work with a wide range of people, sometimes at senior levels. It requires an individual with a flexible and ‘can-do’’ attitude and a willingness to get things done. The role would suit someone with a number of years’ experience in a generalist marketing and communications role, or internal communications role with some marketing/PR experience. The role involves:
- Developing internal communications plans, messages and materials to communicate specific initiatives to a range of internal stakeholders.
- Developing communications plans, messages and materials in support of Firmwide change programmes
- Marketing support:
- Working with varied groups to understand their marketing and PR objectives, develop plans and provide materials to support Firm initiatives
Collaboration and guidance:
- Managing programmes to keep stakeholders up to date on initiatives and to share best practice amongst the team.
- Develop internal communications channels to share ideas and best practice in these areas.
- Contribution to Firm activities:
- Contributing to the work of the CMD team - for example, managing the Firm’s web presence, developing new content, developing new media plans, providing input for various global initiatives, branding and other Communications projects.
Event planning and implementation:
- Develop and launch a schedule of events, conferences and sponsorships planned across solution sets and industries. Track and report on delivery.
- Analyze post-event feedback and lessons learned and return on investment including potential leads and make recommendations to continually improve the events program.
Core skill expectations:
- High level of fluency in spoken and written English
- Ability to express information in a clear, concise and engaging and attractive manner
- Strong people management skills of self, team and senior stakeholders
- Excellent project management skills and good problem solving ability
- Good team player - demonstrated ability to work as part of a team in supporting colleagues on cross-firm initiatives and campaigns
- Experience of being able to work on multiple projects /events simultaneously.
- Proactive with a ‘can-do’ approach.
- Confident and effective communication in order to be credible when articulating a course of action.
- Preferably, knowledge of Consulting Services broadly.
- An understanding of social media channels.
- Sufficient business acumen to understand business drivers behind marketing activity as well as being commercially and risk aware.
- Resilience, with the ability to work to tight deadlines and maintain high levels of professionalism under pressure.
- At ease working as part of an international, multicultural team
- Excellent time management with the ability to multi-task
- Even tempered with ability to maintain positive energy in stressful situations
Technical Skill Expectations
- 2 - 3 years of relevant experience gained in communications/events/ media / PR in a professional services environment.
- Journalistic/creative writing experience on a variety of topics
- Highly developed brand management skills
- Can work in a technical environment, able to quickly build an understanding of service areas
- Experience of using digital / social communication techniques.
go to method of application »
Reference Number: 125-NIG00117
Department: Internal Firm Services
Job type: Permanent
Who we're looking for:
- PwC is looking for an established and motivated bid specialist to work as a Proposals Manager. As well as a deep understanding and awareness of best practice bids, the ideal candidate will have the confidence to advise, challenge thinking, and draw on their commercial outlook to contribute towards win strategies. They will have experience of coaching people at all levels, helping to improve their approach and confidence to engage with our target clients.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of facilitating the development of proposals from start to finish and will be confident in strategically leading and advising bid teams through the sales framework. They will also have experience of working closely with practice project managers, helping and supporting on the successful completion of proposals and meeting multiple deadlines.
- They should have experience of attending and actively contributing to kick-off/strategy meetings and proposition development, advising on messaging and content of proposal documents including design and production, planning and coaching on presentation preparation and rehearsals, and support and guidance on post decision reviews.
- An understanding of the professional services environment is important and specific experience within an audit and assurance or management consulting environment will be beneficial.
- The successful candidate will be part of the West Market Area Bid Office which is aligned to the firm’s Client and Market Development (CMD) team. CMD - a centralised support function and covers all aspects of professional services marketing, sales support and business development.
The prime area of focus for the function is to support the development and implementation of the firm’s market strategy and in particular to deliver:
- Revenue growth
- Enhanced relationships and networks
- A distinctive brand experience
The role will require flexibility to work across proposals in all areas of the business and across all countries within WMA, as the need arises.
- This exciting role provides the opportunity to work directly with senior partners and to work with a diverse range of client teams to provide guidance, advice and support.
- A focus of the role is to ensure that the firm is bidding for the right opportunities and when we do that our proposals are best in class. That includes ensuring proposals are persuasive, successfully differentiate PwC from the competition and that we always deliver the best of PwC to our priority competitive opportunities.
- A key part of the role will be advising teams, editing and reviewing proposal documents, working on presentation preparation and identifying creative ways to communicate messages to our clients so that we can continually improve what we do and win more work.
- The role reports to the WMA Pursuit Hub Leader. The successful individual will also need to build relationships with senior management across WMA and with account teams on individual proposals.
Key areas of responsibility may include:
- Expert advice and proposal support from start to finish
- To work closely with practice Partners and Business Unit Leaders to develop our sales culture
- Supporting and advising account teams in all aspects of proposal development and management
- Proactive innovation and creativity to deliver proposals in different ways
- Conducting post decision reviews with clients
- Supporting the Pursuit driver/coach network
- Coaching, training and developing stakeholders at all levels
- Working closely with the other members of the Africa proposal community (and the wider global network where applicable), this role requires fast and strong development of relationships across the firm
- Ideally, experience in a business development or proposals role in a ‘Big 4’, or other professional services environment or similar blue chip organisation
- Excellent influencing, strong communication and facilitation skills in order to be credible and to be able to coach account teams and senior stakeholders
- Ability to build and manage relationships at a senior level, as they will be required to change and influence senior stakeholders
- A proactive ‘can-do approach’ is vital with sound commercial understanding
- Experience of drafting and reviewing written communications to deliver specific messages within tight deadlines
- Proven track record of proposal management and bid advice
- The drive to deliver excellent client service through the proposal process
- People management experience desirable
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.