If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry
Job Number: 2829187
Business: GE Global Growth Organization
Business Segment: Global Growth Organization Africa
- The Compliance Counsel is responsible for developing and implementing compliance strategy and programs in West Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa (“SSA”) more broadly, with particular emphasis on supporting GE businesses.
- The SSA’s Compliance department’s key focus is to build, maintain and continuously improve the compliance culture through prevention, detection and response of compliance issues and implementation of core compliance processes.
- This is a key appointment within the GE SSA team, and the principal tasks include:
- Providing strong compliance support and leadership to GE businesses.
- Focusing on Operational compliance, process improvements, training, and driving annual risk assessment and mitigation processes.
- Working with the businesses to develop an effective sustainable compliance program (e.g. policy and procedures implementation, third party due diligence and approvals, Session Ds, regulatory & compliance councils, etc.).
- Supporting the Spirit & Letter program in GE SSA, and other business specific compliance programs.
- Lose coordination with the P&L business leaders to monitor compliance risks, action plans and support overall strategies to grow while ensuring compliance risk is limited.
- Supporting Ombuds network by creating open reporting environment; ensure issues are investigated and closed quickly and appropriate actions taken
- Actively participate in selection, due diligence and annual training of channel partners and distributors
- Maintain and continuously improve compliance measures, dashboards, and operating metrics as applicable to different functions
- Conducting compliance training along with business leadership – Compliance Leadership Training, New Hire training, etc
- Developing strong communication plan and work proactively with all team members to drive compliance communications and guidance to business leaders, assuring customer satisfaction.
- Leading and support investigations and audits
- Supporting the GGO Chief Compliance Officer delivering GE A&NZ’s overall compliance and enterprise risk strategy and program
- Identify and execute special projects as needed, including development of new compliance tools/programs to address business needs and emerging risks.
- Travel within SSA and overseas as required from time to time
- Minimum of 8 years related work experience, including dealing with third parties and due diligence.
- Experience in a senior Compliance or Legal role.
- Compliance, Audit, Financial Reporting experience desirable
- Experience managing Regulatory relationships an advantage
- Experience in implementation of Compliance Programs
- Sound understanding of GE processes
- Experience conducting investigations.
- Demonstrated ability to influence senior and mid-level management
- Proven ability to create and execute appropriate strategy.
- Strong organizational and project management skills. Strong process, execution and operational skills.
- Ideal candidate should be a process oriented professional.
- Demonstrable influencing and advocacy skills in a complex environment
- Strong and effective oral and written communication skills, across all levels
- Relationship builder
- Able to influence in a matrix environment and be an agent of change
- Strong lateral thinker
- Excellent process and project management skills
- Strong organization ability, prioritization and attention to detail
- Experience and confidence of presenting to high level audiences
- High-energy, self-motivated, confident leader willing to take on responsibilities across geographic and business boundaries.
- Proactive, self-driven and motivated
- Customer-orientated and responsive
- Prepared to make difficult and/or unpopular decisions if necessary
- Team player
- Unyielding integrity
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to GE - General Electric career website on xjobs.brassring.com to apply