Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
The Community Liaison Manager will primarily be responsible to the Field Coordinator (FieldCo) for the active involvement of community’s, Ministries, non-governmental organizations (NGO), Community-Based Organizations (CBO) and other social partners, by liaison, training and sensitizing communities for the identification, formulation and implementation of AAH programs in a bid to contribute to the eradication of extreme hunger, malnutrition and poverty in Northern Nigeria
- Raise awareness and knowledge about AAH mandate, activities and principles
- Raise awareness about humanitarian principles
- Develop formal/informal network with stakeholders, IDP’s and population in close coordination with the S&SM, FieldCo and PM.
- Developing public relations programmes to educate the general public and community members about the AAH program activities to support active community participation and ownership.
- Creation and provision of awareness materials to community’s, Ministries, non-governmental organizations (NGO), Community-Based Organizations (CBO) and other social partners
- Awareness presentation design and delivery to community’s, Ministries, non-governmental organizations (NGO), Community-Based Organizations (CBO) and other social partners
- Coordinate with local authorities, partners and other program stakeholders AAH mandate
- Represent AAH at State Emergency Working groups (OCHA, INGO Consortium) when required by the Field Coordinator.
- Collaborate with the S&SM as communities become safer for return of IDP’s to establish a relation with that communities leader for future coordination as AAH expands its program support
- Undertake additional coordination as requested by the CD and FieldCo
Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology or Rural Development or in a related field with at least 5 years’ relevant project experience working with rural communities
Minimum 3 years’ work experience in humanitarian contexts, with at least 1 year in conflict/insecure contexts.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive
- Excellent team player
- Previous experience with Community Liaison management duties
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in English
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Commitment to AAH mission, values and policy
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience with AAH
- Fluency in Hausa or Kanuri
- Administrative and management competence would be an asset
Method of Application
Applicants should submit their application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org,
To be considered, applications must include a CV and letter of interest, and indicate the full position title and location in the email subject line, or on the application envelope. For example, “Community Mobilization Manager - Borno” OR “Community Mobilization Officer - Borno”.. Also note that any application received without these specifications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Qualified women and men are encouraged to apply.