Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intends to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
Following an exploratory mission conducted in September/October 2016, SIF is opening a mission in Nigeria in order to cover the FoodSec, WASH & Protection needs of the most affected people in and around Maiduguri, the capital of Borno State.
Duration: 3 months contract renewable upon mutual agreement
Position based in: Borno State, Maiduguri - Require travel to other program locations as needed especially travelling and working in remote areas (Ngala ) around 50% of the time.
Short listing is ongoing
ROLE IN THE ORGANIZATION
The tasks below are not exhaustive and due to the nature of the role, mission and organization, flexibility is required.
Budget Follow-Up (BFU)
- S/he is the main focal point on Budget Follow-Up (BFU) on the base level. S/he ensures that the BFU reflects all the necessary financial information provided by all departments. S/he prepares on monthly bases the BFUs in close collaboration with all departments and reporting as required.
- In collaboration with PMs, s/he provides the recommendations and analysis through BFUs follow-up tool on the budget situation and identifies the sustainable long/short term solutions by written form.
- Under the supervision of base admin, s/he elaborates the budget analysis of each project on quarterly basis and reports to the Field coordinator
- S/he checks financial and operational codes in all order forms according to each project budget.
- S/he plans all project expenses on monthly bases with logistics and program teams.
- S/he supervises the base finance team in cash inventory, bank reconciliation and closure of advances on monthly bases and makes double checks.
- S/he makes sure that financial information is duly recorded in accounting software SAGA.
- S/he provides budget projections and cross checks the information in SAGA.
- S/he makes import/export of financial information from SAGA when needed.
- S/he checks that all expenditures are properly allocated as per donor’ budgets and requirements.
- S/he ensures that the cash books are filled duly and properly according to the defined procedures.
- S/he responsible for the treasury management of the base and makes monthly treasury forecasts in the defined deadlines.
- S/he manages the base bank accounts and all bank transfers and keeps close collaboration with Bank authorities.
Cash and Financial Security Procedures
- S/he ensures that the cash security procedures are duly respected and in accordance with defined procedures.
- Under the guidance of base admin, s/he makes the financial security risk assessment on quarterly basis.
- S/he keeps a good relationship with Bank authorities and informs without delay base admin and Field Coordinator on any changes occurring with Bank.
- S/he makes the recommendations to improve the cash management with reducing the cash flow on the base.
- Under the supervision of base admin, s/he elaborates the strong control mechanisms to avoid the corruption and fraud.
Human Resources and administration management
- S/he prepares for all projects the salary data base
- S/he is a focal point to receive from all departments the new job openings and ensures the recruitment process according to regulations.
- S/he is a focal point for HR Policy implementation and management on the base.
- S/he ensures that all newly recruited staff is well briefed on HR/Admin and finance regulations applied on the base.
- S/he takes an active part in conflict resolution between the staff members if such case occurs.
- S/he manages the annual leave planning for all base staff.
- S/he proposes to the Field Coordinator the team building activities or other approaches to raise staff motivation and manages the processes.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s or degree in accounting, finance, economics, human resources, business administration, banking from recognized higher educational institution
- Minimum of three (3) full years’ progressive experience in Finance, Administrative and HR management with supervisor responsibilities
- At least one (1) full year working experience with International Nongovernmental organizations;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Power Point) knowledge of any accountancy software is a significant asset; (Microsoft Office applications will be strictly tested).
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of humanitarian work and NGO principles and practices;
- Demonstrated understanding of complex emergencies and related security concerns;
- Proven ability to solve problems independently with a minimum level of direct supervision;
- Capacity to define the priorities and manage multi tasks at the same time;
- Ability to work in difficult conditions and under pressure;
- Prudent and detailed oriented;
- High level of diplomacy;
- Autonomous and proactive;
- Good team player;
- Good listener;
- Dynamic, creative and initiator;
- Good sense of humor.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV's and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Drop your application inperson to the address below:
Secours Islamique France- SIF.
Maiduguri, Borno State.