Finance Vacancy at a Reputable Production Company - Workforce Group
Posted on: 25 January, 2017
Deadline: 31 January, 2017
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at Workforce Management Centre
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Workforce Management Centre - Our client, a reputable production company, seeks to fill the below role
Duration: Contract (6 months - renewable)
Budget & Reporting - 70%:
- Assist with the preparation of timely and complete budget financials in conformity with US GAAP accounting requirements for consolidation and regulatory purposes.
- Assist in the design of budget templates and standard worksheets for use by budget owners in budget and rolling forecast submissions.
- Provide continuous support to Budget Owners in the preparation of their divisional budgets and rolling forecasts.
- Review proposed budget submissions from Budget Owners for accuracy and completeness.
- Support in the consolidation of various budget and rolling forecast inputs towards producing the budget financial statements.
- Assist in budget training for all budget coordinators/owners on use of budget templates, dissemination of new information regarding any changes in cost code and cost centre structures.
- Provide support in managing budget timetable to ensure strict compliance with due dates.
- Provide 1st line review of non-commercial budget expenditures for the purpose of ensuring proper and accurate posting of expenditures to correct line items and that budget owners do not exceed budget on any line items.
- Assist in the preparation of ad-hoc analyses and calculations while ensuring the integrity and accuracy of all forecast.
Accounting - 30%:
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly finance calendar for book-keeping and payment run
- Perform assigned tasks during the monthly accrual process to ensure accuracy, validity and completeness of financial transactions.
- Preparation of journal entries and reconciliations in line with SAP processes and procedures.
- Review and analyze assigned account lines, balances and variances. Ensure all discrepancies and wrong postings are followed up and corrected promptly.
- Provide assistance with relevant schedules and reconciliations during statutory audits.
- Compare actual to budgeted results (monthly and YTD) at the end of each reporting period, and report on significant variances.
- Provide assistance during the monthly transmission of actual financial data and timely submission of all applicable reporting schedules.
- Active involvement in the SAP project to ensure a smooth transition.
- Carry out other special projects or ad-hoc tasks as assigned.
- 5-7 years of varied experience in budgeting, planning and accounting. An equivalent combination of education and experience would also be considered.
- Proven experience using MS Excel, including using advanced formulas.
- General ledger, month-end close and bookkeeping experience.
- Broad knowledge of A/R and A/P practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of accounting concepts, principles and practices.
- Knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP) would be an advantage.
- Ability to think logically in analysing and solving problems.
- Ability to perform mathematical tasks rapidly and accurately.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Experience working with SAP would be an asset.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their applications to: email@example.com
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
- Kindly indicate “Finance Budget & Planning Analyst” as subject of the mail.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Workforce Management CentreSimilar Jobs
- Career Opportunities at The Dangote Group
- Guinness Nigeria Plc Recruiting for Graduate Sales Interns
- Latest Vacancies at SABMiller
- Sourcing Specialist, Manufacturing Equipment & Services at Mondelez International LLC - Cadbury Nigeria Plc
- Import and Export Coordinator at Kimberly Clark
- Key Account Manager Nigeria - Fragrance at Givaudan
- Engineering Manager at Tropical General Investments (TGI) Group
- Warehouse Manager at SABmiller Plc