IT Support Officer at Terragon Group
Posted on: 24 January, 2017
Deadline: 7 February, 2017
View Jobs in Advertising / Branding / PR
View All Jobs at Terragon Group
Terragon Group - Established in 2010, Terragon group is a B2B digital media business focused on servicing local and international brands within Africa. The group is made up of three independent but complimentary business units that deliver on the interplay between content, platform, and digital services
- Development of enterprise standards and technology architecture and the IT operations governance process
- Ensure processes are followed and IT projects are well driven for success
- Participate in the IT strategic plan
- Manage licensing and maintenance contracts
- Maintain compliance as well as best practices in application and network security.
- Develop and manage Information Systems processes and tools across the group.
- Frontline incident and request management
- Monitor the ticketing system for incoming requests, process issues - log issues and track even when users come directly to you
- Document issues, analysis, progress, solution in the ticketing system
- Contribute to team knowledge management by documenting troubleshooting and problem resolution steps
- Provide basic in-house training in softwares and applications used company wide - MS Office applications used (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), GSuite, Skype, BlueJeans Dropbox, onedrive etc
- Setup and configure work tools for new and existing employees
- Manage asset inventory and anticipate hardware needs
- Proactively identify end of life of workstations and coordinate replacement
- Oversee all IT infrastructure implementation, system upgrades, disaster recovery and operational troubleshooting
- Ensure systems availability and corresponding support processes based on ITIL;
- Plan, install and maintain systems and networks (LAN/WAN)
- Management of voice and data networks, video conferencing system, mobile phones and tablets
- Manage stakeholders/3rd Party Vendor
- Communicate with vendors and service providers to ensure all services are functioning normally and are cost effective.
- Works closely with and manage strategic vendor partner relationships.
- Efficient support to users including senior management and executives
- Escalate to central teams when required, take ownership and represent the user to ensure the requests are processed
- Communicate to the user on progress in a timely manner
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills
- A first Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or Electronic, Telecommunications and any Physical science.
- Relevant Experience (Type of experience and minimum number of years 3-5 year experience in IT Support or similar role, in a fast-paced though structured environment (processes)
- Experience with UNIX/Linux system administration and web server configuration.
- Comfortable with scaling production systems and technologies, for example load balancing, monitoring, distributed systems, and configuration management
- Basic scripting skills in PHP or Python
- Experience planning/deploying/running various types of AWS infrastructure (Route 53, S3, EC2, VPC, RDS, etc)
- Experience with DevOps tooling (Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Experience with deployment and management of open source Network resources and tools (OpenVPN, Logstash, Zenoss, Nagios, etc.)
- Very strong technical background with a flair for technology management
- Excellent knowledge on Desktop OS (Windows 7/8/10, Ubuntu, OS X) Installation, Configuration and troubleshoot end user problems.
- Experience using and troubleshooting popular email clients e.g. outlook within a network environment (permissions, calendar sharing, delegation)
- Good knowledge and experience of mobile phones (Blackberry, iPhone, Android, etc.) for system configuration (email settings, certificates deployment, application installation, etc.)
- Passionate about Customer Service.
- Knowledge of network configuration (DNS, TCP/IP, PABX, Routers and Switches) and other networking concepts.
- Planning, analytical and project management skills
- Ability to write technical documentation to feed the Service Desk knowledge database
- Knowledge of a ticketing system and Service Desk procedures.
- Exposure to ITIL concepts and adoption.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, Visio, Access (relational database structures), and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Good level of autonomy
Method of Application
Applicants should forward their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Terragon GroupSimilar Jobs
- Entry-level Graphic Designer at Webnig.com
- Accounts Assistant at Doculand Business Solutions Limited
- Interns/Freelance Sales Representatives at Shao Pomp Company (9ja Business Directory)
- Community Manager at Sponge Limited
- Construction Manager at JCDecaux Africa
- Latest Job Opportunities at JCDecaux Africa
- Associate Cartoon Artiste at WakeyWhacks
- Social Media Intern at Accret Integrated