Latest Job Opportunity at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)
Posted on: 24 January, 2017
Deadline: 3 February, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Medecins Sans Frontieres
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
Job ID: #1871114
- Define, implement and follow-up all midwife and maternity related activities in a project area, according to MSF policies, analyzing statistics and reports and ensuring the proper implementation of protocols and management of staff involved, in order to provide a high quality Mother and Child Health (MCH) care to the population.
- Manages staff involved in the midwife and maternity related activities.
- Plan, organize and ensure. the implementation and supervision in close collaboration with other medical staff all Sexual and reproductive health activities, i.e. antenatal and postnatal care, family planning, obstetrical care (BEmONCand CEmONC), neonatal and comprehensive abortion care, management of victims of sexual violence, female genital mutilation and reproductive tract infections and Fistula care.
- Coordinate and assess the feasibility for referral of pregnant women to receive further medical evaluation, in order to manage efficiently the resources needed for delivering MCH care while keeping good quality levels.
- Ensures that all pregnant women and new born children are referred to the Extended Program on Immunization (EPI).
- Assist and collaborate with the field doctor and nurse when required (normal or complicated deliveries, SV cases, etc.), to complement the existing human resources and contributing to the resolution of complicated cases. Ensures the newborn babies are followed up correctly since delivery and until discharge.
- Ensure and supervise the implementation of protocols by all staff he/she is in charge of, in order to improve the quality of the healthcare given to population and prevent any infection due to staff malpractices.
- Plan and supervise the processes associated to HR and team management (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, motivation, internal/external communication, etc.) of the midwife and maternity staff in the project, in order the appropriate team size, capabilities and skills, and enhance the health promotion and disease prevention when providing basic health education to patients.
- Participate in the definition and update of annual project planning and budget, as well as participate in any emergency activity or exploratory visit in or out of the project area if needed, in order to keep control of the MSF activities and projects while adapting the humanitarian assistance given to the population according to the changing conditions and context.
- Supervise administrative procedures and documents, analyze routine data for monitoring purposes, be responsible for the reporting of SRH activities (collection and analysis of med statistics), and participates in the epidemiological reports related to health facilities in the project area and in the monthly reports according to guidelines, in order to have updated and correct information about the day-to-day activity in the project and support decision-making.
- Informs other medical managers or doctors about any possible serious problem or complication (i.e. worsening of state of patients, problems in medicines, etc.).
- Supervise the proper distribution of drugs and use of material, keeping track of consumption patterns and supply orders, and monitoring inventories, together with the project logistician, as well as train midwife and maternity staff on these matters, in order to ensure having minimum levels of stock to carry out the project and a rational and appropriate use of material resources.
- Midwifery recognized qualification essential. Tropical medicine training desirable.
- Two year experience as a midwife. Having worked in other NGO’s and in developing countries is desirable.
- Excellent English ( knowledge of French is an asset)
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- People Management
- fluent in English
Duration of the Contract:
- Salary defined by the MSF-Spain salary grid, additional monthly living allowance, lodging provided at the organisation’s guesthouse/or housing allowance, transportation costs covered, provision of medical, life, and repatriation insurance
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV's and cover motivation letter under the reference “Midwife AM Nigeria” to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please submit your CV and cover letter in ONE file and name the file with your LAST NAME
- Replies will only be sent to short-listed candidates.
- Medecins Sans Frontieres, as a responsible employer, under article 38 of “Ley de Integración Social del Minusválido de 1982 (LISMI)” invite those persons with a recognized disability and with an interest in the humanitarian area to apply for the above mentioned position.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Medecins Sans FrontieresSimilar Jobs
- Senior Field Officers at New Incentives
- Institutional Development Manager at Coffey International Development
- Director at the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Food Security & Livelihood Officer at Save the Children Nigeria
- Communications Interns at Education as a Vaccine
- Job Openings at The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Job Vacancies at The Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
- Latest Vacancies at The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)