Uber is evolving the way the world moves. By seamlessly connecting riders to drivers through our apps, we make cities more accessible, opening up more possibilities for riders and more business for drivers. From our founding in 2009 to our launches in hundreds of cities today, Uber's rapidly expanding global presence continues to bring people and their cities closer
Uber has found a strong product-market fit with its world-changing service, but we’re still inventing our business every day. We’re seeking site managers to help build a global network of in-person driver-partner support centers.
Uber’s driver-partners are our most important customers and we’re building a best in class customer service experience for them. Greenlight locations help new partners get on the road for the first time, build engagement with the platform over time, and provide a home base for the driver community.
This role leads the day to day operations of the Greenlight location in Lagos. In this role, you will work to provide the best possible customer support for new and existing Uber Partners. You'll manage your team to resolve support issues efficiently and comprehensively; but your team will go far beyond solving issues. They will identify root causes, escalate pervasive problems, and systematically help make Uber better as a whole.
Most importantly, your staff will take pride in being the face of Uber to our Partners, and will treat every support interaction as an opportunity to build a better connection between Uber and the driver community.
You will work closely with the regional General Manager and Senior Operations Managers to make sure your Center is meeting their market’s needs in terms of supply growth, onboarding, driver engagement, and any other local events or needs.
- A passionate problem solver and people manager. You'll be overseeing GL coordinators who will be the face of Uber for our driver-partners.
- A self starter. You’re ready for the autonomy that comes with building a new team within Uber.
- Analytical. You can make sense of complex data sets to inform product or process decisions.
- A utility player. You're willing to find resolutions to customer issues early, late, and often.
- Poised. Cool and calm under pressure, you follow through on tasks and look for opportunities to step up to new challenges.
- Process driven. You have superior organizational skills, and constantly look to rejig things to make them more efficient.
- Naturally curious. You love learning how things work and you’re always looking for ways to innovate. You enjoy testing different support strategies and tracking the results.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly satisfied, excited crew of users; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
- Owning the success metrics for customer SLAs and facility operational and financial performance
- Driving performance improvements through process development and innovation
- Hiring, training, and managing GL coordinators
- Collecting and reporting on performance data
- Ensuring that the Greenlight location space is well supplied and maintained
- Representing the global Uber brand with best-in-class service and customer experience
- Actively contributing to support projects
- Must have have a Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Retail or Service team management experience strongly preferred (e.g., in call center operations management, in-person service team management)
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Literate in SQL and Excel or another data management tool preferred, but not required
- Previous experience with customer support or experience with Zendesk is a nice bonus, but not required
- Employees are provided with Uber credits each month.
- Opportunity to help shape the future of Uber Activation Centers at Uber.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Uber career website on careers-uber.icims.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale