Job Openings at Law Union & Rock
Posted on: 20 January, 2017
Deadline: 3 February, 2017
View Jobs in Insurance
View All Jobs at Law Union Rock Insurance
Law Union & Rock is one of the first generation Insurance Companies to open office in Nigeria six decades ago. We began operations in Nigeria in 1951 as a Chief Agency when the late Sir Mobolaji Bank-Anthony held the power of Attorney for Royal International Insurance Holding, a U.K leading Insurance Company [the first Nigerian to have such authority].
- Reviews internal controls throughout the company by evaluating the adequacy of system controls and recommends improvements.
- Reviews IT, operational and business risks, functions and activities, and evaluates the operating effectiveness of IT Controls within the organisation.
- Performs information control reviews to include system development standards, operating procedures, system security, programming controls, communication controls, backup and disaster recovery, and system maintenance.
- Designs audit procedures to execute the annual audit plan, assess controls and to meet audit objectives.
- Prepares quarterly IT audit reports and obtain management responses
- Obtains, analyzes and appraises supporting data utilizing the core insurance applications.
- Recommends revisions to audit procedures to enhance efficiencies.
- Evaluates the adequacy and timeliness of management's response and the corrective action taken on significant audit recommendations.
- Assists and trains other audit staff in the use of computerized audit techniques, and in developing methods for review and analysis of computerized information systems.
- Follows up on audit findings to ensure that management has taken corrective action(s).
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Head, Internal Audit & Control.
- Proficient in using computer software (e.g., ACL, SQL, Excel) and application systems
- Advanced knowledge of auditing processes/procedures
- Ability to share and impart knowledge
- Ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives
- Ability to coordinate and perform multiple tasks/projects simultaneously, balancing priorities and deliverables.
- Competent interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to lead projects and mentor others
- Ability to evaluate business processes and IT technology, identify risks and evaluate controls.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Advanced investigative and analytical skills
- Ability to translate business needs and problems into viable and accepted solutions.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work well within a team environment and participate in department projects.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Management Information Systems, Accounting, Business or equivalent combination of related work experience and education
- Minimum of 2 years of internal or external IT auditing experience.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science / Management Information Systems or equivalent education.
- Completion of CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor)
- Insurance audit experience
- Experience in the Big Four Audit firm would be an added advantage.
go to method of application »
- Develop and manage all e-Channel product - sales process flow and management reporting processes.
- Develop online sales Strategy to improve on sales. Establish methods and avenue through which technology can be used to generate and drive sales.
- Ensure availability of Applications and provide online real time support to both internal and external Users on the e-Channel facilities.
- Ensure customers’ satisfaction and security of the platform.
- Provide periodic training as required to both internal and external Users on the e-Channel Applications.
- Design procedures for Application of product to be put online (Where applicable) and provide support on technical e-Channel
- requirements for infrastructures to improve service delivery.
- Collaborate with functional teams (Strategy, Underwriter, Product Management, Business development, ICT and Finance) to develop and manage e-Channel strategies and plans
- Implement and manage Service Level Agreement (SLA) with internal and external Service Providers, Vendors (Jumia, Konga etc) and Consultants to manage and ensure online sales strategy tools (CRMS, Internet, Payment gateway, website, Intranet, email & SMS alert, NIID) are functioning as expected.
- Manage all e-Channel projects and communicate progress towards deliverables and milestones as defined in project schedules which includes participation in the definition & documentation of functional requirements and ensure full compliance with regulatory requirements.
Method of Application
Applicants should forward their CV's and application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Law Union Rock InsuranceSimilar Jobs
- Managing Director/ Chief Executive at NICON Insurance Limited
- Head, Strategy and Corporate Planning at a Leading Insurance Company - PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC)