Consultancy Role at The Centre for Democracy & Development (CDD)
Posted on: 20 January, 2017
Deadline: 26 January, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Centre for Democracy and Developm
The Centre for Democracy & Development (CDD) is an international, non-governmental organisation dedicated to research, training and advocacy on issues of democratisation, development and human security in West Africa,
Project Title: De-radicalization, Counter- Terrorism and Migration in Northeast Nigeria
- The project aims to support the security agencies and civil society organizations in developing and disseminating counter-radical narratives to radical ideologies of fundamentalist groups in Nigeria.
- It intends to address increasing distrust between the security agencies and the communities which has further accentuated the emergence of extremists and rendered ineffective government’s counter-terrorism measures, including the prevention of irregular migration.
- This Project will therefore focus on capacity-building and networking first for critical security institutions involve in stabilizing the geographical areas recovered by Nigerian government through its security institutions.
- The activities will be carried out across ten communities in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe who have been to be viable communities for the project.
- The concerned Agencies are: The Nigeria Police Force (NPF); Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Force (NSCDF); National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP); and the Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS).
- This activity entails Strengthening capacity of local religious communities in proffering counter-narratives to extremist views and perspectives towards the prevention and countering of radical views capable of breeding terrorism. 200 persons including clerics, youth and women from Adamawa, Borno and Yobe states are expected to benefit from the training in Yola, Maiduguri and Damaturu.
- The consultant will work as trainer for the training of 200 clerics in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa on how to use counter- Radical materials.
- The consultant will act like moderator force and trainer during the training of the clerics on DCM project to cover three states.
- The consultant facilitates training of clerics on the use of counter-radical training materials in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states.
- Use necessary training resources from the provided by CDD.
- Submit invoices to CDD for retirement of purpose.
Qualifications and Personal Attributes
- At least a Master's Degree in Islamic Law, Social sciences and Art related course.
- Must have had a successful Islamic teaching background of 10 years.
- Experience in similar assignments in Nigeria or developing world context.
- Well developed Islamic skills, strong leadership and excellent communication skills.
- Fluent in English, Hausa and Kanuri languages.
Method of Application
Applicants should forward a one page Cover letter, a maximum 3 page resume and referees contact details to: firstname.lastname@example.org using "CONSULTANT" in Capital Letters as Subject.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD)Similar Jobs
- Latest Jobs at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Procurement Roles at the North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria
- Latest Job Opportunity at The International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Jobs at Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (UPDATED)
- Job Vacancies at Secours Islamique France (SIF)
- Chief Service Provider at Common Heritage Foundation
- Geographic Information System Manager at Solidarites International
- Job Opportunities at Save the Children