Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
Job Type: Contracts
- To provide principal expertise in the field of marine operations (except in all associated activities with Tanker Lifting) as required by Clients EXPAT RULES.
- To provide Coaching to Marine contractors upon needs and demonstrate Ability to manage the interface with major Marine Contractors, from different cultures.
- Wide Experience (Senior) of offshore operation as Chief Engineer and Captain on AHTS, PSV and IMR (10 years)
- Supervision of marine personnel onshore and offshore.
- Good technical knowledge of marine engineering equipment and practices in order to Schedule, plan, prepare, manage and supervise offshore marine operations
- The Marine Superintendent provides expertise in the specialist field of marine engineering and operations to support clients marine activity as required by clients directives for Marine operations.
- Schedule, plan, prepare, manage and supervise various offshore marine operations, and provide Company Marine Representation for marine engineering related equipment; liaising with Line Management and Client Departments as necessary.
- Assist with all marine auditing requirements, which includes auditing of a wide range of offshore vessels, such as MODU’s and DSV and other specialist vessels, and contractors’ management systems, ensuring full compliance with Company Management System
- Monitor the operation and condition of all clients vessels.
- Ensure all operations under job holder’s supervision are conducted safely and within agreed SLA’s.
- Provide feedback for Marine Contract Service Quality Meetings.
- Provide regular reports and updates to the Manager of Marine regarding Marine Operations and Vessels’ status.
- Ensure the implementation and application of the COMPANY Marine procedures (guidelines on approach to Offshore installations, etc.), Company Management System and COMPANY HSE rules by Contractors
- Assist with the development and propose revision of marine procedures in compliance with the Company Management System.
- Monitor and propose corrective actions to Marine related anomaly reports and vessels action trackers
- Assist contractor Marine operations, procedure analysis and follow up of their application on site
- Participate in the incident investigation and follow-up (implementation of CTA conclusions)
- Conduct inspection of potential and contracted vessels and assessment of the crew
- Inspect on Quarterly basis the boat landings and issue a comprehensive report regarding their conditions.
- Continually monitor the fast crew boat activities with referent Captains of the contractors.
- Conduct OVID inspections for Nigeria
- Ensure Dynamic Positioning follow-up as well as DP audits for the Fleet of client in Nigeria
- Advise Offshore Installation Managers for the Marines Operations (loading & unloading cargoes, transfer of pax…)
- Provide Marine expertise to all departments offshore (Drilling, Projects and Production) concerning marine related activities.
HSE & Personal Commitment Statement
At all times, the job holder will:
- Demonstrate personal commitment to the HSE Policy
- Maintain awareness of and ensure compliance with all relevant Statutory and Company HSE standards
- Actively participate in Company safety awareness and initiative schemes
In undertaking this role, the job holder will:
- Proactively carry out the activities of the job.
- Perform regular HSE meeting with contractors
- Be responsible for achievement of agreed objectives and corrective actions defined into contractor audit plan
- Adapt to changes in work practices and job activities
- Act in the best interest of the affiliate at all times.
- Seek out learning opportunities and transfer new skills and knowledge to the job
- Adhere to the values and principles of the Company Code of Conduct at all times
- Willingly and openly share good practice.
Context and Environment
- Incumbent is based offshore , Nigeria.
- Work regime: rotational 4 weeks on/4 weeks off (7 days per week)
- Frequent movement from one vessel to another with occasionally movement to port (Onne and/or Lagos)
- Maintain support for marine operations for all the affiliate’s entities.
- Ensure client HSE policy for all client District and CONTRACTORS’ Marine operations is adhered to.
- Maintain technical supervision of all marine activities.
- Issue Inspection and Close-out report
- Issue Anomaly and incident Report
- Ensure technical compliance with client’s standards.
- Report to Lagos Marine Manager, Lagos Marine Superintendant and Marine Offshore Manager
- Class 1 Master’s certificate (STCW95) for seagoing vessel
- 10 years experience as Chief Officer and Captain on Offshore Vessels (AHTS, PSV, IMR) with Full DPO Certificate
- Hold valid OVID inspector accreditation
- Experience in organisation, planning of personnel transport & logistics
- Proven record of achievement within marine operations.
- Languages: Fluent in spoken and written English.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to career website on amaidenenergy.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.