The Kaduna State Water Corporation (KSWC) is a public water utility company owned by the KadunaState Government. The Corporation has the mandate to provide safe, adequate and affordable water supply services in designated urban areas.
Job Purpose / Description
- The Managing Director shall possess outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral), alongside diplomacy and integrity necessary to develop sustainable partnerships both internally and externally. Strong knowledge/capacity in ICT is also essential for the position.
- The Managing Director shall work with the Board of Directors in setting KSWC's Strategic Direction. S/he shall also reinforce the KSWC Senior Management team towards driving productivity, teamwork and innovation to ensure that agreed business objectives and performance targets are consistently achieved
- The Managing Director is the Chief Executive and Accounting Officer of the Corporation, responsible for overseeing all business operations, people and business ventures. S/he will be the highest ranking manager in the organization and will be responsible for the overall success of the Corporation.
- The ideal candidate shall be a strategic and motivational leader that is able to steer the Corporation to the most profitable direction while also implementing its vision, mission and long term goals. Very strong management skills will also be essential to ensure a successful transition from previous operation as a public water board to a Corporatized entity.
- The goal is to ensure that the Corporation is constantly moving towards fulfilling its short term and long-term objectives in accordance with its strategic direction.
- The Managing Director must be an experienced leader, able to deliver growth and profitability in accordance with the Corporation's business plan, capable of setting strategic direction as well as driving delivery and implementation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute the Corporation's business strategies in order to attain the goals of the Board and shareholder (Kaduna State Government).
- Provide strategic advice to the Board so that they will have an accurate view of the business and the Corporation's future, This shall involve liaison with the Chairman to plan and host Board of Director's meetings
- Prepare and implement annual business plans that promote cost-effective operations and business development activities.
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of annual plans, budgets and progress reports, to the Board of Directors, Government and relevant stakeholders.
- Responsible for compliance with the Corporations Establishment Law, Public Procurement Law and other relevant Laws, rules arid procedures applicable to State owned enterprises and to relevant development partners.
- Implementation of Corporation policies, legal guidelines, rules and procedures as set by the Board of Directors. This shall include communication of such policies and guidelines among all staff and ensuring compliance.
- Champion institutional development and organizational strengthening in order to enhance business practices that are in line with industry standards and best practice.
- Ensure that all Corporation activities are planned, monitored and evaluated regularly and systematically such that lessons learned are reintegrated into the system to enhance performance, accountability and transparency.
- Manage staff performance and promote team work towards meeting the Corporation's objectives and performance targets.
- Oversee the Corporation's financial performance, investment planning arid implementation, infrastructure development and other business ventures. This shall include mobilization and fundraising for Corporations planned activities.
- Communicate and promote healthy relationships with the shareholder, business partners and authorities. This shall include acting as the Corporation’s public speaker / representative of the Corporation in a manner that strengthens its profile.
- Analyze the business environment and provide solutions to ensure the Corporation's survival and growth.
- Undertake any other duties that may be assigned by the Board of Directors.
- The position requires a person with professional background under the following specifications:
- An advanced degree or equivalent from a recognized institution in any of the following disciplines: engineering and the physical sciences related to water, commerce or industry, law, accounting, business management, public finance or economics.
- The applicant must be registered with a recognized professional body.
- A minimum of 10 years cognate management experience either in a large and similar public or private organization is required, Knowledge of the water sector and negotiating skills will be a distinct advantage.
- The position shall be awarded on a 4-year performance-based contract which may be renewable.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit their applications (Hand written application letter ), Curriculum Vitae including names and contact details of 3 non-related referees in a sealed envelope marked; "Post of Managing Director - KSWC", addressed and forward to:
The Chairman, Board of Directors,
Kaduna State Water Corporation,
Olusegun Obasanjo House,
State Secretariat Annex,
Yakubu Gowon Way,
P.M .B 2133,
A copy of the application with concise CV of not more than 5 pages with names and contact details of 3 non - related referees to "The Management consultants (KSWC)", via: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.