Graduate Copy Editors at Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION)
Posted on: 18 January, 2017
Deadline: 27 January, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Marie Stopes
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION) is a results-orientated non-Governmental organisation, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide family planning and other reproductive healthcare clinical services in underserved communities. MSION’s goal is to dramatically improve access to family planning and related reproductive health services to reduce maternal mortality and ultimately poverty in Nigeria.
Duration of contract: 15 working days
- The recently approved task shifting/task sharing policy is one of the strategies for accelerating the progress towards achievements of the health SDGs goals. The policy focuses on key priority areas such as Reproductive, Maternal Newborn and Child Health services (RMNCH), as well as HIV, TB, Malaria and other communicable and non-communicable diseases in the Essential health services package.
- The Federal Government of Nigeria (FGON) recognizes the importance of family planning as a key factor in the achievement of the health related Millennium Development Goals (MDGs 4, 5 & 6). In addition to ensuring availability of free and quality contraceptives, health workers need current information and skills to facilitate provision of quality family planning services, including long acting reversible contraceptive methods (LARC). These methods, which include implants and intrauterine devices (IUDs), have historically been underutilized, largely due to limited availability and low coverage of trained providers. It is in response to this that the approved task shifting/task sharing policy allows Community health extension workers (CHEW) to provide the Long acting reversible contraceptive (LARC) services as one of the methods of family planning.
Key Deliverables/Responsibilities of the Consultant:
The Consultant will work with the lead consultant to:
- Copy - edited text of the reviewed curriculum to be delivered to FMOH in Microsoft word in tracked changes version and clean version; the consultant may be required to be in contact liaise with the FMOH or Community Health Practitioners Registration Board to resolve any questions related to curriculum content.
- Assignments delivered on time and of good quality.
- A High-quality edited curriculum and standing order. Must meet deadlines and show accuracy with attention to detail.
- At least a Bachelor’s in English or related field
- Superior editing and writing skills, acquired over at least 5 years of experience at (Mid-level)
- English mother tongue or equivalent level
- Sensitivity to nuances and the ability to think and write analytically
- Experience with copy editing of data-rich publications
- Portfolio that includes copy editing of advocacy publications written for non-specialized audiences, or technical publications on specialized topics
- Demonstrated understanding of international development issues and/or issues concerning curriculum; familiarity with the subject of the publication desirable
- Ability to effectively grasp and incorporate comments from multiple authors to fit a defined publication style and format
- Previous experience working with an international organization on development issues is desirable.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their application and CV's to: email@example.com
- The subject of the email should be the "Position Title/Location" and the CV/Suitability statement should be saved in the applicant’s full name. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Shortlisting will start as soon as we start receiving applications and deadline might be changed without prior notice.
- MSION is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to achieving gender balance within the organization. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Marie StopesSimilar Jobs
- Deputy Safety Advisor at the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO)
- Request for Proposals at Neem Foundation
- Case Management Officer at Gender Equality, Peace and Development Centre (GEPaDC)
- Call for Bid at Mercy Corps
- Safety & Security Officer at INTERSOS
- Job Vacancies at The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
- Pharmacy Storekeeper at Medecins Sans Frontieres
- Emergency Field Coordinator at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International