Information Technology Job Vacancy at AB Microfinance Bank Nigeria Limited
Posted on: 18 January, 2017
Deadline: 23 January, 2017
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at AB Microfinance Bank
AB Microfinance Bank Nigeria is a foreign-owned financial institution, based in Lagos state, which offers a broad range of financial services to micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) and other clients in the lower income strata.
- Interact with our business and technology stakeholders to understand our business direction to ensure it informs our technology direction
- Establish architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing software systems
- Demonstrates critical understanding of technical architecture, data architecture, infrastructure, and IT operations
- Analyze risk and report problems in meeting system requirements.
- Provide supporting information to the Engineers to aid in the creation of a system specification.
- Assist Software Designer/Implementers with the creation of detailed software design specifications.
- Lead the review process for software architecture documents.
- Perform software version control and maintain periodic compilation schedule.
- Participate in the system specification review process to ensure system requirements can be translated into valid software architecture
- Comply with all applicable product development processes. Perform detailed software design as well as implements and/or maintains code according to duties and responsibilities
- Develop architectural solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
- Update knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications
- Develop tactical tool in order to streamline or bring more efficiency within processes
- Give support to other Software vendors on CBS interface or 3rd parties
- Support operations teams to ensure that our business services are performing optimally.
- Ensure system integrity, availability and confidentiality of all Enterprise solutions
- Deliver enterprise architecture that ensures business continuity of bank operations at any time.
- Business Knowledge Management:
- Be a key player in business process re-engineering within the department
- Maintain and develop knowledge of products, and processes of all IT assets
- Provide information about the products and processes in the bank
- Design innovative solutions to real market problems.
- Work closely with product and marketing managers, user interaction designers, and other software engineers to develop new product offerings and improve existing ones
- Minimum educational qualification: B.Sc. / HND in Computer Science, Software engineering or related discipline with cognate experience
- Minimum of five years of professional experience in a similar role and operational environment
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving database problems including database integrity, performance, blocking and deadlocking, replication, connectivity, security etc.
- DB Administration experience with MS SQL Server
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server including Clustering, Database Mirroring, Replication, and AlwaysOn Availability Groups
- Experience in web development, mobile development and object-oriented programming
- Knowledge of Software Development Process, Software Requirements, Software Design, Software Debugging, Software/System Documentation, Software Testing
- Must be organized, have an eye for detail, and be able to put ideas into a tangible form
- Audit/approve developers' change requests to existing tables, stored procedures, indices, constraints, triggers and views, as well as audit/approve new entries
- Knowledge of 3rd party DBA tools and applications (DB Admin)
- Experience supporting developers to troubleshoot and write effective SQL
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills and process-oriented approach to work
- A certified ISAQB would be an asset.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to AB Microfinance Bank career website on www.ab-mfbnigeria.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about AB Microfinance BankSimilar Jobs
- Internal Control Officer at a Reputable Microfinance Bank - Workforce Group
- Senior Manager, Business Finance at Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria
- Sales and Marketing Jobs at a Leading Commercial Bank - Workforce Group
- Latest Recruitment at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- Latest Recruitment at the African Development Bank (AfDB)
- Divisional Manager - Syndications and Co-Financing at the African Development Bank (AfDB)
- Accountants at Abbey Mortgage Bank Plc
- Chief Environmental and Social Compliance Officer, SNSC at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)