Construction Manager at Afordonz Consulting
Posted on: 18 January, 2017
Deadline: 24 January, 2017
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Afordonz Consulting
Afordonz Consulting Limited - Our client that specializes in facility management, is seeking to recruit and fill the position of:
- Interpret and explain contracts and technical information to other professionals
- Report work- in- progress and budget matters to clients
- Select, schedule, and coordinate subcontractor activities
- Respond to work delays, emergencies, and other problems
- Comply with legal requirements, building and safety codes, and other regulations
- Ability to coordinate and supervise a wide variety of projects, including the building of all types of public, residential, commercial, and industrial structures, roads and bridges from start to finish.
- Ability to oversee specialized contractors and other personnel, schedule and coordinate all construction processes so that projects meet design specifications and ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget
- Must be able to work closely with other building specialists, such as architects, civil engineers, and a variety of trade workers.
- Would be responsible for getting approvals from various building and construction regulating bodies such as state and local government officials and confer with city inspectors to ensure that all regulations are met.
- Ability to prepare budgets, cost estimation using specialized cost-estimating and planning software to allocate time, materials and money in order to complete projects on time and save cost.
- Would be responsible for vetting all civil and structural works details, manage and provide final approval for all consultants’ submission including services, issue to contractors all approved drawings for construction.
- Responsible for overall field activities and ensure proper interpretation of drawings on site, approve all construction related actions, ensure conformance and compliance of consultants drawings and contractors submission.
- Responsible for managing scope change request, Review and approve all shop drawing provided by contractor and approved job completion certificate
- Responsible for initiating project meetings and coordinates monthly project meetings.
Skill Set and Profile:
- Strong interpersonal/Communication skills
- Strong project management knowledge and skills
- Good Reporting and administrative writing skill
- Excellent learning and transferable skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Focused on continually improving and learning new skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills, ability to use modern engineering software tools in analyzing and solving problems.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Able to promptly answer support related email, phone calls and other electronic communications.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team
- The ideal candidate should have at least a B.Eng / B.Sc Degree in Civil or Building Engineering, with a minimum of 8 years experience on the job role.
Method of Application
Applicants should forward their detailed & recent CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Multiple applications may result in disqualification.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Afordonz ConsultingSimilar Jobs
- Latest Job Opportunities at Global Profilers
- Latest Jobs at Doheney Services Ltd
- Data Entry Officers at Ascentech Services Ltd
- Job Opportunities at Lorache Consulting Limited
- Legal Services Managers at Michael Stevens Consulting
- Job Openings at SD Human Resources Limited
- Finance and Accounting Officer at H.C. Bonum
- School Nurse at Teclab Management Services Limited