CBM is an international Christian development organization, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. CBM works in partnership with local civil society organisations, communities, government and in alliance with international organizations in Africa and the rest of the world.
The ‘Seeing is Believing’ (SiB) programme is a three-year comprehensive child eye health initiative that will be implemented in four clusters - Oyo, Osun and Ogun States (cluster 1); FCT, Nasarawa and Plateau States (cluster 2); Kano, Jigawa and Katsina States (cluster 3) and Akwa Ibom and Cross River States (cluster 4). The programme comprises promotion, prevention, curative and rehabilitation/education components of child eye health. Programme implementation will be in a consortium with Brien Holden Vision Institute. In addition to leading the consortium, CBM would also implement the programme in clusters 1-3.
Location: Abuja, Nigeria (with travels to the project sites)
Contract: February 2017 - March 2020 (6 months probation)
- The SiB Programme Director will be responsible for the coordination of the consortium, and for effective and high quality planning, implementation, coordination, monitoring and reporting of the programme, including advocacy and research.
- S/he will ensure provision of technical and programmatic supports to the implementing partners in all the four clusters; developing capacity where necessary.
- The SiB Programme Coordinator will also provide analysis and information to the consortium’s Steering Committee for overall strategic direction.
- The SiB Programme Director will report to CBM Nigeria Country Representative, and s/he will work under the overall guidance of the programme Steering Committee.
- Coordinate programme implementation, monitoring and evaluation in compliance with CBM and donor requirements of 4 clusters, partners, consortium partner, including mutual accountability, motivation, cooperation and conflict resolution
- Lead development of systems and processes to ensure regular, joined-up and effective coordination between programme partners
- Ensure key issues are being raised from cluster level and that management and technical decisions are taken based on quality programme and management information
- Coordinate and support the production of quality deliverables to the donor and CBM following the administrative and financial guidelines, including reports, proposals, assessments, evaluations, newsletter articles, case studies, etc.
- Develop monitoring and evaluation strategy, system, and project-specific M&E plans that meet CBM and donor requirements Develop and update management information systems, and procedures and quality assurance systems and tools in collaboration with grant administrator and technical advisors
- Undertake assessment of partner capacity to inform programme planning implementation/ and inform capacity building
- Plan and implement programme research and learning
- Set-up knowledge-management system
- Prepare consortium committee meetings, ensuring robust and strategic information is available to effectively monitor and review consortium management and implementation
- Take forward recommendations and priorities agreed during consortium steering committee meetings
- Develop and/or articulate strategy for SiB programme advocacy
- Coordinate the implementation a national advocacy plan
- Engage relevant stakeholders and governments for evidence-informed advocacy
Partnership-building and Networking
Under the direction of the country representative:
- Negotiate with governments and other relevant stakeholders to establish partnerships for existing and future programme development opportunities
- Develop a strategy to nurture potential and existing/established partnerships
- Support partnership formalization and implementation
- Collaborate with disability inclusion advisor, consortium and cluster members, partners and other colleagues to ensure that programme plan, implementation, monitoring and reporting include women, men and children with disabilities
Administrative and Financial Oversight
Provide supervision and oversight to the SiB Programme Finance and Administration Manger to:
- Ensure effective grants and financial management systems and key controls are in place, and that issues are identified and followed up with partners in a timely manner
- Ensure that SiB project staff and implementing partners are aware of and compliant with SiB and CBM administrative and financial requirements and expectations.
- Support programme staff and partner in financial reporting
Team Management and Capacity Building:
- Line mange programme team and finance manager, including programme staff recruitment
- Develop key performance objectives (KPO) and appraisal, develop and monitor work plans, delegation and motivation, updating job descriptions
- Capacity building and mentoring of programme team and project partners in project cycle management (PCM), including project identification and formulation, logical framework, planning, monitoring, evaluation, reporting, partnership
- Ensure partners and staff have access to technical assistance
Communication and Representation
Under the direction of the country representative:
- Lead development of systems and processes to ensure effective sharing of information and communication between project partners and other key stakeholders, including with the Standard Chartered Bank
- Represents the consortium at programme-related meetings, conferences, and workshops
- Engages the media to improve the visibility of SiB programme in Nigeria
- Supports security assessment, risks planning, management and reporting in the programme areas
- Other relevant assigned duties, as necessary
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in social sciences, health, management or any other related fields
- Knowledge of social inclusion, and Navision or any related programme management software is an added advantage
Relevant Work Experience
- Development programme experience in (I)NGO at a senior management position for 15 years
- Knowledge and experience of programme management in development context for 8 years
- Strong expertise in monitoring and evaluation of complex projects, including M&E system set-up and knowledge management
- Proven experience in managing multi-million dollars projects
- Experience in narrative and financial reporting on complex projects to international donors
- Experience in consortium management
- Experience in health system strengthening an advantage
- Cooperation with civil society/government/donors and private sector knowledge and/or experiences
- Social inclusion, project management, knowledge management
- Leading/managing teams
- Working experience in insecure environments
- Following security and safety protocols
Competencies and Skills:
- Decision-making ability
- Strategic thinking
- Problem analysis and solving skills
- Skills in leadership and capacity building
- Mediation / conflict resolution skills
- Skills in risk mitigation
- Strong oral and written communication and demonstrated ability to produce high quality documents
- Managing change
- Developing others
- Managing performance
- Technical expertise
- Languages - Fluency in spoken and written English, including public speaking. Fluency in spoken and written French will be an added advantage.
- Nationality - Applicants must be of Nigeria nationality
Method of Application
Applicants should submit in English via email, a meaningful letter of motivation, a CV, copies of diplomas, three professional referees and salary expectations quoted in Nigeria Naira to "Human Resource Unit" to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.