Travel Consultant at Universal Careers
Posted on: 16 January, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Travel and Tours
View All Jobs at Universal Careers
Universal Careers is a Human Resource agency founded to help exceptional candidates and international clients who are interested in living and working in the biggest economy in Africa - Nigeria.
Good clients and excellent candidates go hand in hand and the mix of the two is absolutely essential for success, it is all about people.
At Universal Careers we are a small team of industry specialists, who are servicing our clients with bespoke HR solutions. No two clients are the same, so our approach to each Client is unique. We have a large network of consultants all-over the world with whom we build teams depending on the client and the specific task at hand.Our client, a renowned Travel Company is looking for Travel Consultants that will be the liaison between their company and its current and potential customers. The successful candidates will be able to accept ownership for effectively handling customer complaints and inquiries keeping customer satisfaction at the core of every decision.
- Dealing with enquires via telephone or email
- Attending to reservation, ticketing reissues and refund requests. Domestic and International travel requests
- Advise customers on international visas needed/ cancellation/change fees.
- Develop on going professional relationships with corporate clients.
- Managing client issues.
- Preparing quotes and distribution of travel itinerary.
- Manage large amounts of inbound and outbound calls in a timely manner
- Follow communication “scripts” when handling different topics
- Identify customers’ needs, clarify information, research every issue and provide solutions and/or alternatives
- Seize opportunities to upsell products when the need arises.
- Build sustainable relationships and engage customers by going the extra mile
- Keep records of all conversations in our call center database in a comprehensible manner
- Meet individual/team qualitative and quantitative targets
- Ensuring a positive Customer Experience throughout the customer
- life cycle.
- Ensuring that Customer Feedback is used to improve the website,
- communication and internal processes where applicable
- Monitoring and ensuring the smooth operations of all customer
- communication channels
- Other duties consistent and within the scope of the position
- Ad-hoc projects and support
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong GDS skills (preferably Amadeus) is mandatory
- Reissues refund processing and complex bookings.
- Good computer and Internet skills.
- Geographical and Industry awareness
- Ability to digest information from the internet and GDS system.
- Strong relational and communication skills.
- Strong oral, writing, negotiation and networking skills
- Good interpersonal skills and telephone manner.
- Be able to gain customer trust and close bookings immediately.
- Accurate administration skills to ensure 100% accuracy on customer booking.
- Stress management.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the travel Industry
- Bachelors degree
- Competent Amadeus User ( Mandatory )
- Customer friendly personality and skills are necessary
- Previous experience in a customer support role is mandatory
- Track record of over-achieving quota
- Strong phone and verbal communication skills along with active listening
- Experience with CRM systems and practices
- Customer focus and adaptability to different personality types
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and manage time effectively
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Universal Careers career website on recruit.zohopublic.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs