Area Manager, Distributor Management at Guinness Nigeria Plc
Posted on: 15 January, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at Guinness Nigeria Plc
Guinness Nigeria Plc - We are Guinness Nigeria, member of Diageo Plc the world's leading premium drinks business with an unrivalled collection of beverage alcohol & non-alcohol brands across the Spirits, Wine & Beer categories.
Guinness Nigeria operates a Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) business and currently operates on 3 sites within Nigeria with a portfolio of products including Stout, Malta, Lager, Spirits and Ready to drink brands. Nigeria is the 2nd largest market for the Guinness Stout brand globally. It is quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and a significant player in the national economy.
Auto Req ID: 54655BR
Reports to: Distributor Management Director
Purpose of Role
- Distributors are our primary route to consumer in Nigeria. The Area Manager – Distributor Management has accountability for supporting the broader Distributor team to develop, and implement our joint strategy and development plans with distributors
- Distributor investment
- High risk distributor assessment and recommendation
- Viable distributor recruitment
- Drive the achievement of profitable volume and ensure that distributors are optimally managed to agreed stock level/targeted volumes
- Ensure distributor operations are in line with agreed Distributor operating and minimum standards and tracked through dashboard
- Responsible for training and structured coaching of distributors and GN staff on distributor development initiatives like VMI, distributor IT infrastructure, JBP and other RtC initiatives.
- Coach and train team members 12 times a month in line with DAM Lite, and monthly activities checklist. Collate local report and identify main priorities for improvement by the Divisional teams.
- Must ensure that Monthly action plans are effective, especially for the weakest distributors on Warehouse infrastructure – to achieve this must regularly track distributor delivery against agreed timelines for infrastructure development.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Minimum 5 years Sales and/or Customer Marketing experience and Brand Knowledge
- HND/University Degree
- Master’s Degree may be an advantage
- Great People Skills
- High levels of financial and P&L literacy as well as strong planning and project management skills are important.
- Experience of working within and or with other functions and a track record of delivering results through cross functional teams, particularly marketing, supply and corporate relations is particularly valuable.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Guinness Nigeria Plc career website on sjobs.brassring.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Guinness Nigeria PlcSimilar Jobs
- Finance Job Vacancy at GlaxoSmithKline Plc (GSK)
- Promasidor Nigeria Recruiting for Packaging Officers
- Human Resource Job Vacancy at SABMiller
- Fresh Job Vacancies at The Dangote Group
- Engineering Vacancies at The Nigerian Bottling Company Limited
- Electrical Engineers at Myjoy Food Industries Limited
- Latest Job Vacancies at British American Tobacco
- Store Officers at Literamed Publications Nigeria Limited