Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies, and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations, and non-profit organizations.
Palladium is built on the idea that progress will be supported by four key pillars:
- International Development
- Strategy Execution Consulting
- Impact Investment
- Training and Events
We create positive impact through more than 100 current projects with more than 2000 employees operating in over 90 counties.
Palladium Nigeria is recruiting a Travel and Logistics Officer to administer travel and workshop logistics arrangements for activities across multiple projects funded by US Government and private foundations. This is a full-time position based in Abuja and reporting to the Operations Manager or his/her designee.
- Participate in workshop and event planning and budgeting.
- Coordinate with technical and operations teams to collect quotations from vendors and assist in necessary procurements.
- Make reservations for conferences/workshops venue and participants? accommodation in line with company and project guidelines.
- Make reservations for air, train, or road travel as necessary.
- Provide timely and accurate logistical support for organizing conferences, workshops, and events. This includes arrangement of venue setup, catering, workshop supplies, and equipment.
- Coordinate with technical and finance team to confirm participants and workshop costs. Ensure the vendor invoices and participants expense reports are processed for payment on time.
- Administer travel authorizations, travel advance requests and travel expense reports including reviewing, ensuring authorized approval and processing for payments as per the corporate and project travel guidelines.
- Prepare payment vouchers for all approved expenditures.
- Coordinate with security department as per the security protocols for travel and event planning.
- Manage necessary vendor relationships to ensure smooth organization of workshops and programs. Maintain up-to-date list of vendors for accommodations, conference venues, travel logistics, workshop and stationery supplies, catering services, taxi/vehicle rentals, conference equipment and support services, interpreters, etc.
- Potential travel to event venues to provide administrative support during activities.
Minimum Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Public Administration or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years work-related experience.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with people in a customer service setting.
- Expertise using Microsoft Office including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills required, both written and oral in local and English language
- Familiarity with US Government funded projects a plus.
Method of Application
Applications close on January 27, 2017. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Interested and qualified? Go to Palladium Group career website on thepalladiumgroup.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.