IITA is one of the worlds leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize.
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assist in generating financial report to donor;
- Assist in obtaining support documents for onward submission with financial report to donor when necessary;
- Assist in preparing invoice as at when due;
- Assist in raising adjustment journal when necessary;
- Assist in handling queries from donor/project manager;
- Assist in loading budget for cost centers;
- Assist RSS monthly computation and upload into Oracle platform;
- Assist in stations’ imprest replenishment;
- Assist in processing special transfer for specific activities at the station;
- Assist in the review of reconciliation statements;
- Assist in clearing account (exchange difference and bank charges);
- Assist in reviewing support documents and claims from stations’;
- Assist in preparing journals and uploading on Oracle;
- Assist in preparing Outstation(s) imprest report (OIR);
- Assist in processing payments and transfer of funds to partners, collaborators and IITA Stations’;
- Assist in review of Bank Reconciliation Statements for IITA stations’ accounts;
- Assist in preparing year-end-audit schedule on imprest and challenge projects;
- Assist with monthly preparation of imprest schedule for management accounts;
- Assist in the preparation of periodic financial statements to donors;
- Assist with other duties such as Oracle invoicing, incoming funds, administrative duties, Scientist’s Time Journals upload and prepayment schedule update;
- Perform any other function as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- B.Sc/ HND in Accounting with at least Three (3) years relevant experience.
Ideal Candidate must:
- Be computer literate and have good understanding of Oracle financial application;
- Be very articulate and very good with figures.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application
Applicants should forward their applications including a covering letter which should address how the candidates background/experience relates to the specific duties of the position applied for, curriculum vitae, names and addresses of three professional referees (which must include either the Head of the applicant’s current or previous organization or applicants direct Supervisor/Superior at his/her present or former place of work).
Click here for more information (PDF)
Interested and qualified? Go to IITA - International Institute of Tropical Agriculture career website on jobs.iita.org to apply