The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) - For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and
nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
Summary of key Functions/Accountabilities
- Serves as contact person to facilitate Lagos Field Office supply planning process.
- Prepares bidding documents, drafts CRC submissions, raise PO, sets realistic DATs to ensure prompt delivery and keeping adequate records of all transactions in compliant to financial rules
- Monitoring of LTAs (e.g prints, custom clearing agents, etc), circulating bid documents and POs issued to Lagos vendors by NCO
- Support to Lagos Field Office programme and operations colleagues in the issuance of Purchase requisition and Sales orders
- Support NCO supply section in market survey by recommending potential vendors
- Support to country office supply planning process and its execution:
- Researches into the market and intranet to ensure adequate price information, realistic DATs are set in the planning stages.
- Liaison with all sections in the FO to ensure the supply plan is in place and collated before the end of first quarter.
- Ensure all collated supply plan are well documented, stored and monitored for proper execution.
- Monitoring of LTAs (e.g prints, custom clearing agents, etc), circulating bid documents and POs issued to Lagos vendors by NCO:
- Monitors all LTA with Lagos vendors to ensure compliance to the terms and conditions of the LTAs
- Supports NCO to circulate bids and POs to Lagos vendors and follow up on pending deliveries to ensure to avoid late deliveries
- Prepares performance evaluation of LTA holders
- Support to programme and operations colleagues in the Field Office in the issuance of purchase requisitions and sales orders:
- Interact with Programme / operation Sections in the preparation and issuance of appropriate documents i.e. Supply Requisitions and Sales orders - accuracy in the specifications, budget estimates, realistic DATs and coding in line with Supply Manual
- Undertakes reconciliation and adjustments of expenditures on requisitions, recording proof of delivery for GIT (goods in transit) updates, monitoring of Contracts for closure, etc
- Support NCO supply section in market survey by recommending potential vendors:
- Researches into the open market and intranet to pre-qualify suitable vendors as need arises and ensuring adequate records of these vendors for NCO consideration.
- Analyzing vendor performance at the end of every year and recommend non performing vendors to the Supply and Logistic Manager for appropriate action.
- Maintaining a chronological filing system for vendors
- Prepares bidding documents, draft CRC submission, raise POs, sets realistic DATs to ensure prompt delivery and keeping adequate records of all transactions:
- Prepares bidding documents (e.g RFQ/RFP, ITB) circulation of same to UNICEF registered vendors, conducts bid opening in liaison with supervisor and other sections, bid tabulation, draft CRC submission and raise PO.
- Prepares monitoring and reporting information for supervisor on status of PO and requisition on weekly basis for effective monitoring of performance indicators.
- Monitoring POs to ensure UNICEF obtains delivery promptly and according to the set DATs
- Conducts pre-delivery inspection of high value POs as per supply manual and NCO supply SoP. Documenting the results and filing them appropriately
- Undertake any other supply/programme related assignments depending on the office priorities and as assigned by supervisor.
- The efficiency and effectiveness of the support provided by the Supply Assistant to the section would facilitates the timely delivery of supply component to the overall UNICEF Nigeria programme in Nigeria, which in turn enhances the offices and UNICEF's capacity in helping the most vulnerable women and children.
- Competencies and level of Proficiency Required
- (based on UNICEF Professional Competency Profiles)
- Diversity and inclusion
- Communication (II)
- Working with people (II)
- Drive for results (II)
- Drive for result
- Analyzing (II)
- Applying technical expertise (II)
- Planning and organizing (II)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (II)
Completion of Secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
A minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible work experience in functional and technical area of supply, procurement and contracting is required.
Fluency in English.
Knowledge of one UN language the local language of the duty station, an asset.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to career website on www.unicef.org to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.