Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
Objective 1: Performance management
• Ensure that a consistent performance management process is followed throughout the mission
• With the support of the base HR team, ensure all staff have an up to date performance appraisal
• Train and advise managers on performance evaluations and meetings
• Track the performance appraisal due dates for all staff and follow up with managers and base HR team to ensure they are received in a timely manner, and of good quality
• Extract and track relevant training information from performance appraisals to support the development of the Mission Training Plan
Objective 2: Ensure briefings, inductions, and capacity building are designed and implemented consistently across the mission
• Implement a uniform briefing process across the mission, in coordination with hiring managers and other departments.
• Design, review and implement a quarterly (or more frequently as needed) induction for all new staff, with support from the base HR teams
• Facilitate staff trainings on HR policy and procedure
• Support in the planning and organization of mission trainings as needed, ensuring the proper follow up and filing of all staff trainings
• Support in the development and implementation of a mission training plan that is in line with the training needs and mission strategy
Objective 3: Oversee missions staff welfare and teambuilding activities and ensure a feedback mechanism is in place
• Bachelor’s degree in fields related to HR, Administration and Management; masters’ degree a plus.
• 3 years’ work experience with at least 1 year in a related role.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Trained and experienced in facilitating training and adult learning theory.
• Understanding of national labor law and employment norms and practices.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Approachable, diplomatic, able to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment.
• Computer literacy including all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook).
• Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently.
• Able to maintain confidentiality.
• Capacity for analysis, synthesis and reporting of large amounts of information.
• Commitment to ACF charter and values.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Previous experience working for INGOs an asset, particularly health related INGOs.
• Fluency in one or more National/regional languages an asset.
Interested candidates should submit their application by email to email@example.com,
To be considered, applications must include a CV and letter of interest, and indicate the full position title and location in the email subject line, or on the application envelope. For example, “HR OFFICER - ABUJA”. Application received without these specifications will not be considered and only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Qualified women and men are encouraged to apply.