The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is Africa's leading research partner in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Our award-winning research for development (R4D) addresses the development needs of sub-Saharan Africa. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture.
SENIOR PHARMACIST (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things:
* Establish and manage a standard pharmaceutical procedure for the Institute’s clinic;
* Prepare and handle all ‘restricted drugs’
* Be responsible for procurement of local and foreign drugs;
* Stock drugs, vaccines and dressing consumables worth over $0.5m;
* Advise physicians on various aspects of pharmacology;
* Ensure that international standards are upheld and
* Perform any other assigned duties.
Qualification and Experience:
* Bachelor of Pharmacy plus minimum of 8 years relevant working experience in a well structured establishment or international organisation.
* Candidate must be a licensed professional in hospital pharmacy.
* He/She must have sound analytical mind, good communication skills and be computer literate.
MECHANICAL SUPERINTENDENT (Water Treatment Plant) - (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will:
* Plan preventive, repair and maintenance of all water plants, drinking water place, Sewage and Swimming pool plants.
* Install and maintain multi-stage vertical turbine and surface Pumps and Blowers.
* Maintain associated appliances such as Aerators compressors and level control systems;
* Initiate treatment plans and supervise the supply of about 1.2 million litres of high quality drinking water per day.
* Supervise treatment and safe discharge of about 8,000 litres of waste water per day.
* Treat and maintain high quality Swimming pool water of about 385,000 litres.
* Ensure Quality Control of all waters: Drinking, Sewage and Swimming Pool.
* Initiate procedures for purchase of spare parts and treatment chemicals.
* Supervise Water Treatment Operation and the maintenance staff.
* Carry out other duties as may be assigned by Supervisor.
Qualification and Experience:
* BSc/HND Mechanical/Water Engineering plus minimum of five (5) years post-qualification working experience in a reputable water treatment plant.
* Must have good working knowledge of water plant maintenance and water treatment techniques.
* Candidate must have good interpersonal skills, be honest, trustworthy, hardworking and be able to coordinate shift duties, readiness to work overtime
Method of application:
Interested applicants should forward their applications with a detailed curriculum vitae, the names and addresses of three professional referees (including telephone, fax and e-mail addresses, if available), evidence of current remuneration package and photocopies of credentials, to the Personnel Manager, International Institute of Tropical Agriculture, PMB 5320, Oyo Road, Ibadan, Nigeria not later than two weeks from the date of this publication. Applicants should state their street address not P.O. Box.
Complete our online application form using this link: http://old.iita.org/cms/details/nrs_job_application.aspx. Please note that application letters not accompanied with evidence of current remuneration and age will not be treated. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.