We started operating in Africa in 2012 and since then have launched multiple successful companies such as Jumia, Jumia Market, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs, Jumia Car and Jumia Services.
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia steps in.
We are currently looking for talented people to join our team and embark on an exciting journey in the core of business development.
As Administrative Associate, you will be responsible for providing general administrative support to the department and the entire company including the employees with the aim of ensuring seamless implementation of company’s operations and processes.
- Manage the utilization of company property and equipment to prevent premature loss or damage due to misuse and to ensure maximum efficiency of same at all times.
- Manage requisition and storage of office stationeries and other company equipment.
- Negotiate with vendors to ensure procurement and purchases are made at the barest minimal cost to the company at all times.
- Respond to employee enquiries and provide necessary assistance to issues raised.
- Manage an organized, up-to-date filing system for company, vehicle and employee documentation.
- Supervise and coordinate the management of fleet and maintain company vehicles for maximum efficiency; liaise with government institutions and vendors for up-to-date documentation for vehicles and drivers.
- Timely reporting of updates, depletion, damages and losses to the relevant authority.
- Manage protocol and documentation for expatriates.
- Any other task as may be assigned.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint) tools
- Working knowledge of Google Office Productivity Tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are key
- Good analytical and problem solving skills are required
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously is key
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets and also prioritize tasks under pressure
- Must be proactive and highly motivated
- Must possess excellent organizational skills
- Must be assertive and have good people skills
Qualification & Experience
- First Degree in Business Administration or related field from an accredited University or equivalent
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience working in a fast-paced corporate environment in a similar role
- Adequate knowledge of the Online Marketplace and the Ecommerce Industry
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Jumia Nigeria career website on africainternetgroup.peoplehr.net to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale