If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Abbey is the premier, largest and most profitable, non-aligned Primary Mortgage Bank in Nigeria. We were incorporated on August 26, 1991 and licensed to carry on business as a primary mortgage institution (PMI) by the Central Bank of Nigeria on January 20, 1992. We commenced full commercial operations on March 11, 1992. Abbey was listed on the Nigerian stock exchange in September, 2007 with an initial authorized share capital of N5million which has grown over the years through capital injection and bonus issue to more than N6.5 billion Total equity as at December, 2014.
- The purpose of this position is the provision of legal advisory services and ensuring effective management of legal and contractual risks to the company.
The role is responsible for:
- Implementing legal intelligence and advisory systems which support the company's strategic and operational plans.
- Liaising with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action will be taken to prevent disputes or litigation.
- To direct, manage and monitor the company's portfolio of law suits and liaise with external legal counsel.
- To review Contracts, Agreements and legal documents of the company to determine potential legal risks that could result in law suits and advise on approach to take in addressing these risks.
- To provide legal advisory support to all business units including analysis and interpretation of issues and trends relating to the business.
- LLB, BL
- Minimum of 7 years' post-qualification experience, most of which must have been earned Practicing as a Litigator with a reputable Commercial Law Firm or as part of an in-house Legal Team of a reputable quoted company.
- Experience in regulatory compliance.
- Demonstration of a thorough knowledge of the working and practice of Nigerian Law is a requirement.
- Managing the legal implications of new projects of the company.
- Protecting the company from all legal litigation
- Candidate must be versed in conveyancing practice, CAC practice, arbitration, negotiation and other dispute resolution methods and also general Commercial law practice.
- He or she must be fluent in both written and spoken English.
Other requirements of candidate should include:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Sound understanding of Mortgage industry, general Commercial Law and Advocacy practice.
- Good track record of handling suits.
- Excellent communication skills including written and interpersonal.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Suite, knowledge and experience of administrative procedures including review of Court processes.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV's to: email@example.com