Accountants at Supermart.ng
Posted on: 12 January, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Online Sales / Marketing
View All Jobs at Supermart Express Service
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Supermart.ng, Nigeria's leading online supermarket. If you desire to work in a fast paced environment, and experience rapid personal and career growth while making a tremendous impact in society, then this might be the company for you. We offer a truly entrepreneurial experience in a fast paced, yet structured environment, work within a proudly Nigerian company built by young, talented and dynamic entrepreneurs. We operate a structured yet fun and easy-going work environment and also a management trainee and in-house entrepreneurial mentorship program.
- We’re looking for an organized and driven Senior Accountant to join our growing team. The Senior Accountant position will work closely with our other accountants and operations personnel and handle day-to-day bookkeeping.
- We’re an energetic company and are looking for a passionate individual to revitalize our record keeping and bring more organization to our day to day financials.
- As our Accountant, you will prepare, compute, manage, research and analyse all accounting data, in order to provide quantitative information on performance, financial position and cash flows of our business.
- Manage all accounting operations based on accounting principles
- Prepare budget and financial forecasts
- Publish financial statements in time
- Conduct month-end and year-end close process
- Collect, analyse and summarize account information
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns, balance sheet, profit/loss statement etc
- Develop periodic reports for management
- Audit financial transactions and document accounting control procedures
- Keep information confidential and secure them with random database backups
- Keep up with financial policies, regulation and legislation
- Proven working experience in accounting or relevant field
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures
- Excellent accounting software user
- Strong attention to detail and confidentiality
- Degree in Accounting
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Accounting, Corporate Finance, Reporting Skills, Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Reporting Research Results, SFAS Rules, Confidentiality, Time Management, Data Entry Management, General Math Skills.
go to method of application »
- We are looking for an ambitious Junior Accountant to provide support to the finance department by managing daily accounting tasks. You will be part of a team of professionals working to maintain order and transparency for the company's finances.
- The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers.
- The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the department and help the company be fully aware of its financials.
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Update accounts receivable and issue invoices
- Update accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Assist with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports
- Assist senior accountants in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings
- Assist with other accounting projects
- Excellent organizing abilities
- Great attention to detail
- Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with relevant computer software (e.g. SAP)
- Experience as a junior accountant will be ideal but not necessary
- B.Sc / BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) is a plus but not required
Junior Accountant Skills and Qualifications:
- General Math Skills, Accounting, Deadline-Oriented, Reporting Skills, Attention to Detail, SFAS Rules, Confidentiality, Coordination, Thoroughness, Quality Focus, Objectivity
Method of Application
Applicants should send their application letters and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Supermart Express ServiceSimilar Jobs
- Senior Systems Analyst at Jumia Nigeria
- Online Sales Representatives at Patricia.com.ng
- Senior PHP Developer at Jumia Nigeria
- Graduate Intern (Accounting and Finance) at Afrimash
- Vendor Promise Analyst at Jumia Nigeria
- Business Development Executives at ICT Cart Limited
- Software Engineer at Chowbery
- Clean Energy Research Analyst at Kiakiagas.com