Daily Post Nigeria (dailypost.ng), a premium leading newspaper, is looking to employ an experienced political writer.
The ideal applicant should have cognate experience covering national news, with bias for politics.
He/she should have impressive and current database of contacts within political and national circles.
- Have at least five years’ experience in the traditional media.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or Mass Communications
- Have minimum of one year of online journalism experience.
- Be knowledgeable in libel laws and ethical foundations of journalism.
- Be proficient in current and emerging news-gathering method.
- Possess interest in local, national and world news with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Be comfortable speaking with politicians, government workers, business owners and citizens.
- Must be able to take direction from the editor and creatively find unique angle to stories.
- Possess the ability to work in a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
Successful applicant is expected to work from our Abuja head office.
Method of Application
To apply for this role, please send a cover letter, resume and 3-5 samples of your work to: email@example.com
Application deadline: Tuesday, January 31, 2017