The Health Communication Capacity Collaborative (HC3) supports the US President's Malaria Initiative's (PMI) goal of significantly reducing deaths from malaria in high burden African countries. Social and behavior change communication (SBCC) activities ensure Nigerians are aware of understand, and play their part in the national goal of malaria elimination.
HC3 Nigeria is working with the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) and partnering organizations to ensure SBCC activities achieve scale and intensity throughout the country. With over 177 million people to reach, Nigeria is the most populous country in Africa. Interventions introduced have to achieve impact with a combination of wide reach and intense interpersonal communication activity.
- The Driver the the USAID HC3 Nigeria Project is responsible for providing driving and Logistics services to support the goals of the project.
- In addition to the general duties described above, specific duties and responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned. -
- Drive staff on official assignment within FCT and on official trips to project state. Ensure consistent and safe transportation for staff at all time.
- Ensure that routine maintenance are scheduled for vehicles assigned to the driver. Routine maintenance include: Daily cleaning and daily checks on vehicle as maintenance checks
- Maintain a vehicle log to record daily trips using project vehicles
- Monitor daily the fuel consumption level on the vehicle assigned to the driver
- Distribution of mail correspondence to partners within the FCT
- Work in accordance with the HC3 Vehicle policy of HC3
Education and Experiences
- Minimum of School Leaving Certificate
- Valid Nigeria 's drivers license and good knowledge of the high way codes of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- At least 6 years of professional experience similar position
- Good Knowledge of vehicle maintenance issues and procedures Good verbal and written communication skills
- Candidates must possess skills in defensive driving, security &. emergency driving arid executive driving skills
- Fluency in English and Hausa
- Experience with International NGOs
- Thorough knowledge of Abuja city locations of NGOs, meeting venues, etc.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their cover letters and CV’s only as one PDF document to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this position, please follow the instructions exactly as described below, any submission that do not follow the instructions exactly will be discarded without review:
- Your cover letter should include the following:
- Address the education/experience and language skills requirements specified for the position with specific example where necessary
- Include with specific date when you would be able to begin work
- Name the international NGO/NGOs you have worked with
- CV and cover letter PDF file name must be your first and last name in Caps (e.g USMAN SEGUN)
- The subject line for your email include the position applied for and location E.g “HC3 Nigeria Driver Position"
- Do not include any additional certificate or documentation. Any applications that include certificates or other documents will be deleted immediately
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.