Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
- Carry out the necessary administrative procedures concerning expatriate staff:
- Deposit, follow and obtain legal administrative documents such as visa, stay permit work permit, travel authorization
- Maintain a tracking sheet of dates of expiry of all administrative documents and ensure they are extended on time
- Provide support required for visas needed for breaks, trainings, or meetings
- Act as the focal point for HQ concerning immigration needs
- Represent the organization when liaising with the local administrations:
- Establish or reinforce relations with the representatives of the different administrative services – Nigeria immigration, Ministry of National Budget and planning etc.
- Keep informed of any changes in the administrative procedures for obtaining documents;
- Brief new international staff on the administrative processes, rules and requirements
- Support in compiling and submitting reports to ministries as requested
- Keep the expatriates’ administrative files up to date:
- Prepare files for each expatriate on arrival - contracts, passport photos, photocopies of the passport, visa, etc.
- Ensure international employees’ documents are filed accordingly
- Update the HR Information System and expat files with all leave details and monthly timesheets for international employees
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations, HR, Business Administration or related field of study from a recognized institution.
- 3 years’ work experience with at least 1 year in a related role.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Understanding of national labor law and employment norms and practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Approachable, diplomatic, able to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment
- Computer literacy including all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Capacity for analysis, synthesis and reporting of large amounts of information
- Commitment to ACF charter and values
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- An understanding of the relevant ministries and local authorities, and their procedures
- Commitment to humanitarian work
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit their application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org,
To be considered, applications must include a CV and letter of interest, and indicate the full position title and location in the email subject line, or on the application envelope. For example, “LIAISON OFFICER - ABUJA”. Any application received without these specifications will not be considered and only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Qualified women and men are encouraged to apply.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.