If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 100 countries. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity, or nationality. As CRS works through local church and nonchurch partners to implement its programs, strengthening and building the capacity of partner organizations is fundamental to the work of CRS. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on health, vulnerable children, agriculture, extractives and governance, and peace building programming. CRS has a long and rich history of collaboration with the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (Global Fund). Since 2003, CRS has been awarded over $290 million in Global Fund resources to implement programs in 27 countries. In Nigeria, CRS is a sub-recipient (SR) on the Global Fund HIV and Malaria grants and will assume the role of principal recipient (PR) for the Global Fund Malaria grant starting January 2017. As PR, CRS will partner with the National
Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP), various state governments and malaria partners and stakeholders to coordinate the 2017 long lasting insecticide treated nets (LLIN) mass campaigns in Kwara State. CRS will deploy over ICT4D devices and the Red Rose technology for use during the mass campaigns.
CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST – GLOBAL FUND MALARIA PROGRAM
Consultancy Title: Consultancy Services for ICT4D Master Trainers for Red Rose Technology
Objectives of this Consultancy
To ensure effective training of ward supervisors and community mobilizers (data collectors) on electronic data collection using digital android devices, fingerprint scanners, voucher system and the Red Rose mobile application for LLIN mass campaigns to carryout household/beneficiary registration, voucher allocation and distribution, LLINs distribution and mobile money payments
at the various designated locations. To ensure distribution of all ICT4D tools to ward supervisors and community mobilizers before kickoff of LLIN mass campaign in designated locations.
To provide required training to ward supervisors and community mobilizers (data collectors) on the following:
- Red Rose technology for LLIN Mass Campaign
- Data collection procedure for LLIN Mass Campaign
- Android Device Configuration and setup for LLIN Mass Campaign
- Setup and Configuration of Finger print scanners
- Device power management, safety and security.
- Data Entry Dynamics
- Peer to peer and mobile data syncing
- Collecting geo coordinates and Location services
- Net distribution Voucher arithmetic and voucher tracking
- Updating voucher details
- Household marking co-relation with digital data
- To ensure effective knowledge sharing amongst ward supervisors and community mobilizers (data collectors) and serve as technical resource personnel for the Red Rose ICT4D technology
- Engage in weekly online LLIN ICT4D Community of practice meeting
- Collaborate with CRS ICT4D staffs, Red Rose Support Technicians and mass campaign coordination team to ensure effective roll out of the electronic tools for LLIN Mass campaign.
Device Distribution and Inventory:
- Ensure distribution of ICT4D tools to ward supervisors and community mobilizers (data collectors)
- Update device distribution status on inventory database upon distribution of devices to ward supervisors and community mobilizers (data collectors)
- Ensure submission and signing of device security, safety and management document by ward supervisors and community mobilizers (data collectors) before collection of ICT4D tools
Qualification and Experience
- Graduates with B.Sc., HND or its equivalent in Computer Science or related field highly preferred
- Experience in mobile data collection application such as software applications: Red Rose collect, Iform, Comcare, ODK, ONA, Survey 123 and any other electronic data gathering tools is desirable
- Prior experience in training/capacity building in ICT related fields
- Demonstrable skill in technical manipulation, configuring and troubleshooting a wide range of android mobile devices, tablets, digital data tools and databases management information systems (DMIS)
- Excellent knowledge of computer software – MS Office and Excel especially and or other statistical analysis software
- Good grasp of M&E, Digital Data tools and malaria programming is highly desirable
- Experience in data collecting techniques
- Must be willing to work in any of the selected LGAs in Kwara state.
- Prior experience working with an NGO.
- Proven ability of maintaining targets and deadlines.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral Communication skills
- Strong attention to details and ability to identify gaps.
- The Master Trainers will be trained for 5 days. Thereafter they will afterward be engaged for
- 7days during which they will cascade the same training to Ward supervisors and community
- The Master Trainers will report to the ICT4D Officer in-charge of the state with support from
- Technical M&E officers, and Program Manager of each State. Overall coordination and technical
- oversight of the Data collector will be provided by the ICT4D Manager.
Key Working Relationships
- Ward supervisors and community mobilizers (data collectors), CRS ICT4D Manager, CRS Global
- Fund Malaria Program Team, Red Rose Team, Global Fund Nigeria Country Team, State
- Ministries of Health (SMoH) staff and National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) staff.
- Payment will be disbursed as per schedule of timely deliverables and the consultants will be paid
- for each level of effort for the completion of agreed deliverable. The consultant is expected to
- make a formal presentation of the report to the project team.
- Please note that CRS will deduct and remit to the Federal Inland Revenue (FIR) a 5% withholding
- Tax from the total consultancy fees in accordance with the Nigerian Tax Law.
Method of Application
Interested consultants should send their expression of interest (EOI) along with a detailed resume as attached MS word documents to NG_HR@global.crs.org. The subject of the email should be: Application for ICT4D Master Trainers for Red Rose Technology (REF: ICT36M).
The resume should include but not limited to the following: Expected daily rate, personal profile, skills, competencies and suitability for the assignment as well as readiness for immediate shortterm consultancy plus a copy of such previous work.
Only qualified persons will be contacted and invited for screening.
“CRS is an equal –opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, etc. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”.
Statement of Commitment to Protection:
‘’CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and
vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.